Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sew Satisfied...

It is pure satisfaction to be able to complete so many sewing projects at one go... *smile*...

Recently bought a doggy print fabric with the intentions to sew a set of PJs for Tim...and didn't expect to have much left over of the fabric until I was able to make a reversible hat...

Here's the kimono style PJ... I got the pattern from here... it comes with a detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to sew the kimono top... check it out :)
Here's the complete set with the shorts... the pattern for the shorts was taken from somewhere else though...

Tim looks comfy in the entire outfit...though the kimono top seems a tad big for him (that's because kiasu mommy took the pattern size of 4T - teehehe)...but that's how PJs should be right... loose and comfy... (trying to justify my kiasu-ism)...
Tim loves this hat... the minute he saw it, he placed it right on his head... I'm happy that the hat fits him well... :)
Here's another hat I've sewn, meant for Joyce, but it's way too big for her... anyways, reversible hats are fun... I mean the kiddo could wear it either way... it's fine... :)
Here's the reverse side of the hat... I chose a easy to match material, denim, that could go with most outfits...
So now you see why I feel SEW satisfied... *wink*

16 comments:

Emily said...

Bravo! Very well sewed! Love the hats!

mamabliss said...

Hi Emily, thanks :)

Mommy Mash said...

very nice!! i like both the kimono top and the hat...

hmm...mayb one day i feeling adventure enough, i will attempt to make one..but don't how will the final product looks like. haha.

any tutorial for the hat?

habitual said...

Oh how cute! That fabric is hilarious, I love the little dogs!!

Now....what is happening on the right hand side of the blog, this baby named Joyce....is she yours? Because she's quite possibly one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen. Seriously! :)

Joyce Long said...

Awesome, Pauline..you really inspired me..I am thinking of being your student.I love all your sewing..wish i am your daughter.

think i must get started..before my art terms starts..so many things to do for the kids yet so little time..

mamabliss said...

Hi Mommy Mash, with the given step by step tutorial you'll be able to sew the kimono quite easily :) no worries at all...

I'll try to do a tutorial on the hat... since i have another 3 more hats to sew... :)

mamabliss said...

hello Habitual, thanks for stopping by my blog... I really love the kimono pattern and tutorial you've shared... thanks so much :)

yeah I love the prints of the doggie fabric i've got for my son and thought it was cute too... ;)

and thank you for your kind compliments on my little missy... yes, Joyce is my 12mth old girl... *smile*

mamabliss said...

Hey Joyce, thank you dear... yes lets get started with the hairbow making soon...let me know when you're available :)

Irene said...

wow! ur so good at this. the kimono & hats - LOVELY!

mamabliss said...

Hi Irene, thanks dear... :)

mamaseah said...

impressive! u r so good with ur hands!

Hann Hann said...

super nice!

LZmommy said...

Wow! Tim and Joyce are so blessed to have you sewing for them :) And your sewing skills is superb!

mamabliss said...

Hi Mamaseah, Hann & LZMommy... thanks so much for your kind compliments :)

It is sheer bliss to be able to sew for my kids...

My Indulgenze said...

love ur blog...very inspiring! so inspiring that i just bought mieself a new sewing machine...so gonna sew ur kimono pattern...any tutorial for the hat? love that too!
thank so much so ur lovely blog...keep up the good work mummy...

mamabliss said...

hihi 'my indulgenze', thanks for visiting my blog often... :) wow... you bought a new sewing machine??? *smile* that's great! sewing is therapeutic... yeah the kimono is easy to sew... do try it...

I don't have a tutorial on the hat... but I think I shd really do one as so many people have been asking me for it... must really find time to do it...

thanks once again for stopping by here... ;)