Thursday, August 07, 2008

Business As Usual - Kitchen

Been a while since I posted something that I've whipped up in the kitchen... since the trigger thumb problem that I've experienced, I've cut down tremendously on my baking experiments... am not fully recovered yet as the trigger still happens once in a while though the pain have subsided...

I still cook dinner daily (except the weekends and my off day), so here's something I've prepared tonight to share with all of you... :)

Baked Portobello Mushroom... I drizzled some olive oil on the portobello mushroom caps and used 3 slices of chicken ham (chopped), 2 small tomatoes (chopped), and some shredded cheddar cheese. Baked it under 180 degrees celcius for approximately 15-18mins.
Steamed Eggs... I have always love steamed eggs... and chawanmushi is my all time favourite... something I won't fail to order when I am in a Jap restaurant...

I used 4 eggs (as there were 4 people eating dinner), you may moderate it to your preference. Within the steam egg, I've added prawns (sliced into halves), chicken stock (approximately 60ml), Mirin (1 tsp), chopped spring onions.

For variation, you may add sliced chicken thigh meat and mushrooms...
I've sieved the eggs 3 times before steaming in order to get a smooth mixture... there were some bubbles initially but they all disappeared after a while...

Have to steam the egg in low heat for approximately 30mins-40mins... lest the egg will start to boil while steaming and thereby destroy the aesthetics of the end product.

We always eat our steam eggs with dark soya sauce and a dash of pepper in the sauce...

5 comments:

LZmommy said...

It must be tough to cook or bake when your thumb still hurt. Please take care of yourself.

Gonna try this mushroom dish :) Mushroom has always been our family favourite :) Thanks for sharing!

mamabliss said...

Thanks LZMommy, am feeling much better now that's why i hv been starting to bake a little here and there... but hvn't try any hand shaped breads yet... :)

Hopefully you'll like the mushroom recipe ;)

allthingspurple said...

sorry to hear about your thumb, Mamabliss. Thanks for the mushroom portabello. Sounds like a good bento item. Could we freeze it, you think?

Joyce Long said...

Yummy..must try one of these days..btw must take good care of your fingers hor..dont overexert yr fingers

Ms. _______ 2 be ! said...

Using mushroom...great idea wor!