Friday, August 08, 2008

Bento #9 - Something Simple

It's interesting how an msn conversation with Mommy Paw Chuen has reignited my passion to making bentos for hubby... *smile*

I haven't been preparing bentos for hubby for quite a while now... as I've often been too lazy to drag myself up early in the morning... *blush*

Today, I decided to prepare something simple for hubby... with all the available ingredients we have at home... here's what the bento looks like...
Stir-fry long beans with minced garlic, Omelette with chopped ham, tomato & spring onions, prawn fritters (these are ready made frozen - got them from NTUC Fairprice)...
I've prepared a sauce for the prawn fritters... it's a combi of Dijonnaise Mustard + wasabi... I find that the dijonnaise mustard a bit too mild so to add more kick, I added a little bit of wasabi ;)
The onigiri was topped with some seasoning mix to make it tastier...
And here's the complete set of bento for today... hopefully hubby would find the combi in this bento delish... *sigh of satisfaction*

11 comments:

Emily said...

Gosh, this bento looks stunning! and DH must appreciate the effort and the great food!

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Emily, I really hope he does... :) it is definitely a joy to prepare bentos for my loved ones...

Mummy of 2 princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mummy of 2 princess said...

Hi Pauline

nice bento!
can we have a bento session??kekeke

so far, ive prepared for my gals but not hubby...couldnt wake up to prepare one for him :)

Karen

LZmommy said...

This bento looks great :)

I bought the frozen prawn tempura too but yet to use it too :)

Joyce Long said...

Wow..i really love your bento...really a great joy to see your loves ones appreciate and enjoy..your food is full of hearts and love..

allthingspurple said...

been waiting for your bento posts. Missed them.

I would hardly call that "simple" for an early in the morning packing. Stir fry vege, omelette, prawn fritters, and onigiri !!! I would love that bento meal !!

and love your colour combinations.

pc said...

:D no prob, pauline.

besides, everyone being inspired again.

im drooling, you know... so must go daiso next mon!!!

Anonymous said...

Could I ask you where you get your bento supplies, esp. the boxes and little containers for sauces & etc? I live in the US and will be visiting family in Singapore end of August, so I hope to be able to shop for some of these, to be able to put together some bento lunches for my boys (inspired by your blog entries!). Sounds like Daiso carries some? Are there several Daisos in Singapore? The only one I know of is the one in Jurong at the IMM. Which one has the best selection? Also, one last question ... does your hubby heat up his lunch at the office? Are the bento containers usually microwavable?
-v

mamabliss said...

Hello V, thanks for visiting my blog...wow that's really a lot of questions :) let me attempt to answer them all...
1) I got most of my bento supplies from Daiso - that will include bento boxes, sauce containers, food separators... etc
2) There are 3 Daisos that I know of that are in Singapore... one of them being in IMM, there's also one at Vivo City and one at Plaza Singapura. I prefer the one at Plaza Singapura but I've also heard that the Vivo City is rather huge.
3) Yes, my hubby has a set of pyrex ware in the office, he'll usually transfer the food from the bento boxes onto the plates/bowls before microwaving them. Although the bento boxes are microwavable, it's still not very advisable to microwave the food in the boxes as we do not know if it may turn toxic (we've read about it a lot on the internet)...
4) Daiso do carry microwavable bento boxes (you'll have to double check on that before purchasing).

Hope I've answered all your questions... :)

One last thing, there is a shop in Chinatown Point that sells Sanrio stuff, where they offer a lot of bento wares too. A lot of the bento enthusiasts mentioned about it in the forum, I am not sure what is the name of the shop though. If you have time, you may want to pop by to take a look ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the information.
-v