Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Artful Lil' Hands - Quack Quack Quack

Today at Artful Lil' Hands, we had a fun time learning about Ducks...
Here are some of the kids that were at our PG today, we have Emily, Hurley, Layla, Samuel, Cherrlyn, Jireh and Caitlin... am really happy to see Mommy Joyce and Little Cherrlyn, after missing them for so many weeks... welcome back dearies!!!

This week, many of the mommies and kiddos weren't able to make it to PG as most of them were a little under the weather after it's been raining daily... hope all them will get well soon... *hugz*
Our usual warm up session... started the kids with some drawing using different art materials... and as usual... Tim loves being the "centre of attraction" *faint*...hogging the entire drawing paper...
Next up, was Music & Movement... we sang the "Five Little Ducks" complete with prop and guitar... the kiddos had fun singing and grooving along with Mommy Adeline, Mommy Evelyn & me...as they learn numbers at the same time...
And it was story time... Mommy Shirley, led the kids in story reading today... she did a wonderful job by engaging the children with the "Ten Rubber Duckies"...for the first time (in the past PG), Tim, was sitting "attentively" as the story was being read...and being disruptive at the same time by trying to HOG the story book *faint*
And our craft for the day was... Fluffy Duck... meant to get some colourful feathers for this craft but can't seem to find it anywhere... so resorted to using cotton wool instead... the silhouette of the duck was printed on coloured paper, and the kids used craft glue to have the cotton wool pasted onto the body of the duck... followed by pasting the googly eyes & beak...
What is playgroup without a snack? Today, I prepared an inverted pineapple cake (my first attempt) for the group and am extremely happy that 3/4 of the cake was wallop up by the end of the PG... *smile* and hubby gave me the thumbs up this evening after eating the cake... *beaming*
Each of the kids walked home with a Tot Book kit on Ducks that I've prepared for them... the mommies will have to do all the cutting and pasting of the elements to go through and reinforce the learning of ducks with the children...

In the Tot Book, there is a tracing of the alphabet D, some fun facts about ducks, the many different breed of ducks and the duck egg hatching process...

It's truly my wish that the kids will bring home something that is meaningful to their learning. Hopefully when they are a little older they will be able to go through what they have learned today from this Tot Book and still remember... *smile*

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi,

This is my first time visiting your blog. I must say u are doing a fantastic job in organising these PG for the kids, as well as developing creative activities for Tim. U have great passion in homeschooling children :)

mamabliss said...

thanks rachel...what a small world to have bump into you on my blog :)

YM said...

It looks so fun! Sophie's sleep pattern is better these days now that her teething is not so bad *cross fingers*
Once her sleep pattern is stabilised, can I rejoin you mommies again?

P/S. My hubby saw the PG pics on yours and Mommy Joyce's blog... he is very impressed with you! :)

mamabliss said...

You are always welcome to join us back YM... just let me know when you wanna come back... I'll send you the details... :)

*blush* aiyo so paiseh... your hubby read my blog entry too hehehe...

reenie said...

hi Pauline,

I am amazed with the effort and time you spend teaching your kids. I am a sahm and wishes to homeschool my daughter too.

I saw your lapbook and mini book series and i am very impressed.

May i know which are the sites i can obtain these template? eg. tracing, mini books contents.

Many thanks in advance.

mamabliss said...

Hi Reenie, thanks for your kind compliments :)

For this duck Tot Book, it was purely done up by myself by downloading pictures and putting them together. If you like I could send you the stuff via email... let me know your email address ya...

Another good resource of lapbook templates is to sign up as a member of http://lapbooklessons.ning.com/

Reenie said...

Thanks Pauline! :) my email addy:
icyblueberry@yahoo.com

It would be really helpful if you can share with me how you go about downloading the materials, some urls would be good.

renet13 said...

Hi Mamabliss, I hoped over from PC's blog after reading your creative work on DUCK. Hope we can link each other. Have a fabulous day.