Friday, July 11, 2008

Cheery Bloomers

What makes a mama in bliss? Why, happy and healthy kids of course... ;)

Being a SAHM brings me loads of joy... and joy comes not only in being a mother but being able to do all the things I've always enjoyed doing... *smile*

When I was a little girl I've always love to do crafts... and growing up in a family that makes craft work as a living has certainly rubbed off on me... my father was an artist working in the advertising and packaging industry...while my mom was a tailor... a blend of influence by both my father & mom have made me a "crafty" person...

Since I had Little Missy, I've always wanted to sew some nice cutesy little clothings for her... and the push for me to sew for her came recently as she's outgrowing her clothes so quickly... Decided to make some bloomers for a start... since it's been more than 10 years since I last sewn something on a sewing machine... *smile*... felt a little rusty in my sewing abilities...but the results was fine... Little Missy seemed happy donning those bloomers...

I've prepared quite a few more items to sew for her... shall update once they are done ;)

13 comments:

4MalMal said...

those bloomers look so cute on your little missy! and as usual, her big round eyes and her chubby cheeks made me smile :)

allthingspurple said...

wow,,you have more talents than just your dishes !!!

The colour looks bright and cheerful, like your little girl's smile !

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Rachel, thanks dear... yah I always like to see her smiles too... made me smile too *grin*

Mama Bliss said...

Hello Christene, thank you... :) am just a super momsy mommy... :P doing all the house-wifey stuff...

J@n!ce said...

The bloomers look totally sweet on your little missy. Good work mummy. :):)

Anonymous said...

The bloomers are lovely! Did you use a readymade pattern or you drew the pattern yourself?

I am also into sewing for Sophie :)
Have made a first-birthday dress, a skirt and some pants for her so far.

We should exchange tips and patterns next time!

rgds
YM

Joyce Long said...

Joyce is so fortunate to have you as a wonderful mummy. What you have done for her is precious..

Joyce Long said...

Joyce is so fortunate to have you as a wonderful mummy. What you have done for her is precious..

Joyce Long said...

Joyce is so fortunate to have you as a wonderful mummy. What you have done for her is precious..

mamabliss said...

Hi YM, thanks... i bought the Burda patterns from Spotlight... ;) I am no good at tailoring... failed to pick up that skill from my mom...

WOW!!! You've sewn so many stuff for Sophie already...COOL!!!

Yeah we should exchange notes and patterns... ;) sewing is so fun... but takes a lot of patience which is good for me I need such practice of patience teehehe

mamabliss said...

Hi Janice & Joyce, thanks dear for your compliments ;)

Irene said...

so these are called boomers! i like it! krystal has one, but i kenot remember where i bought it :(

Irene said...

sorry, typo error *bloomers* :)