Monday, July 21, 2008

The Black Swan Lake...

Two Saturdays ago... we brought our little ones to the Botanic Gardens - at the Cluny Park Entrance... where the Black Swan Lake is...it's a place where we wanted to bring the kids to for the longest time...but we went on 2 occasions of wild goose chase as we couldn't find the Cluny Park entrance *faint*...we finally found our way there on our third attempt...

We wanted to bring the kids there because they could have a close encounter with the birds and swans at the garden... the birds there aren't afraid of humans...as too many people have been feeding them... so be careful if you are holding any food on your hand while at the park...

The weather was beautiful for a visit to the park that day...and I was able to make a mini attempt in taking some "artistic" shots at the park on my point-and-shoot camera... if only I know how to operate hubby's DSLR... then again, hubby reminded me that I already have TOO MANY interests (cooking, baking, scrapbooking, sewing, crochet-ing, homeschooling...) to pursue yet another new interest... so I'd have to put that thought on hold for now... sigh...

Anyways, I digressed... here are some shots that I've taken for your viewing pleasure... ;)
It was so beautiful to be able to see the reflection of the cloudy blue sky on the water of the lake... Tim was having fun just playing with water...
This shot is a little under expose but I just love the beautiful sky... see, Tim's also admiring the reflection of the sky on the water ;)
This shot is over exposed... but I love Tim's happy face... nature the best playground for the kids...
I just like it that this picture tells a little story on its own... hubby called it "journalistic" wahahaha *blush*... am still learning how to take better shots...
Tim was a little worried about walking on this wooden bridge... where he could visibly see all the tortises swimming beneath him...teehehe...
This is one of my personal favourite... Tim watching the tortises swimming in the water... he stayed on this bridge watching those tortises for a looooooong time...
Hubby said, I captured the "leading line" in this shot... and it's yet another journalistic shot...cos the focus is on only the subject....
Little Missy was getting restless and hubby couldn't carry her the usual way as she's twisting and turning trying to find her way down to the ground... so hubby resorted to carrying her on his shoulders instead... *grin*
This is another of my personal favourite... with Little Missy smiling happily... it just brightens up my day when I look at this picture...in order to take this shot, it took me 11 shots to get this one "perfect" shot... gosh...makes me wonder if I am really cut out to learn photography teehehe...
Tim was very curious about those gooseberries we picked from the ground... there's a fruit patch in the garden, wonderful place to teach the kids about different fruits...while they have a first hand experience in knowing how each fruit looks like... *wink*... another educational visit to the gardens...

1 comment:

mamaseah said...

love your photos, esp those that captured the reflection of the clouds in the sky. Nice! great skill i must say :)