Monday, June 30, 2008

Sticking Out Like Sore Thumb

Notice I have been baking less of late? Not that I am too pre-occupied by other matters... it's simply because I've developed a SORE THUMB literally... to be exact a Trigger Thumb (medical term it as "Flexor Tendinitis").

This problem causes me pain whenever I try to flex and/or straighten my thumb. This was caused by an inflame tendon at the end of my left thumb.

I have been having this problem for over 2 months now...and being ignorant to the matter previously, I unwittingly hurt the thumb even further by flexing and bending my thumb many many times everyday thinking I might just "ease" out the trigger... how silly I was...

Saw the doctor recently and learned that it might have been due to my carrying of heavy stuff or "over working" my hands... there's nothing I could do now except to WAIT (that's definitely the tough part) for the swell on the tendon to subside and recover by itself... if it's still very bad I have an option to go for a minor operation to correct the problem (that'll be the last resort).

As such, for now, I've to agonise over not being able to bake handmade breads for now... meantime, I am also unable to lift heavy stuff with my left hand (which is quite impossible as I'd need to carry the kids and occasionally carry groceries....) am just hoping that I will recover soon...sigh...

18 comments:

Joyce Long said...

Oh dear. sad to hear that..maybe meanwhile ask the maid to do the cooking now. Better let your thumb rest more till it has fully recovered. ** Blessed You **

Blessed mum said...

take this as an excuse to rest! Leave everything to the maid..take care: )

Ing said...

Oh dear... take care. Hope you get well soon!

4MalMal said...

hope your little thumb gets better. meanwhile, can get your maid to do the baking ;)

LZmommy said...

No wonder I don't see any bento or baking. Hope you will recover soon...

Mamamie said...

Get well soon..& rest more!

mamabliss said...

Hi Joyce, thanks dear... am also praying for a speedy recovery too... cos without using the left thumb it's really very tough...

mamabliss said...

Hello Blessed Mum... hehehe yeah... but the prob with me is I like to cook/bake things myself leh... sigh...

mamabliss said...

Thanks very much dear Ing....

mamabliss said...

Hello Rachel... thanks dear... hehehe... am resting now so that I could bake MORE after I've recovered wahahaha

mamabliss said...

Hi LZMommy, yah lor... been slowing down a lot these 2 weeks, hubby warned me not to overwork my left thumb... so hv to rest...sigh...

mamabliss said...

Thanks dear Mamamie... will do... :)

jean said...

Oh pauline, pls do take extra care on this because my mil also had this problem but due to late treatment she underwent operation 1mth ago.

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Jean, oh my goodness... now I'm really getting worried cos i have this problem like over 2mths already and it's still causing me a lot of discomfort... gosh...

Wenz 宛仟 & Denz 浩安 said...

awww.....this is terrible....not being able to use the left hand to the fullest. :(

Takecare Pauline, be good and listen to doc's adv. U really gotto to heavy job aside and WAIT till fuuly recover. Hugz

3lilangels said...

Ouch! that looks painful. Do take care not to aggravate it. May God heal and bless you.

mamabliss said...

Hi Irene, thanks dear... I do feel terrible not being able to bake and do more interesting experiments in the kitchen... *sob*

mamabliss said...

Hello 3Lilangels, thank you... ;)