Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Simply Homecooked

I love to cook and it's really a great pleasure to be able to share what I've been cooking at home with others... and so I plan to share more of what I've been whipping up for our regular dinners in time to come as well...

Being a visual learner I love to see lots and lots of pictures, even better if there are video demos hehehe... so I thought I'd share my recipes and methods of preparation through video montages... it's not professionally done... but hopefully the message gets across concisely and easily... ;)

Enjoy...


Here's the detailed recipes of the 3 different dishes in the video montage -
Karaage Chicken
2 chicken drumstick (cut meat into large pieces)
Ginger (approximately thumb size - finely grated)
Chopped spring onions
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp soya sauce
Corn Starch for coating chicken
Steps -
1) Marinate chicken with grated ginger, spring onion, mirin & soya sauce for over an hour
2) Coat chicken meat with corn starch
3) Fry in hot oil till golden brown

Steam Fish
1 fish fillet (I used the red garoupa, you may use pomfret, thread fish, cod fish etc)
thinly shredded ginger
1 tomato
some spring onions
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
Steps -
1) Wash fish and pat dry
2) Place shredded ginger, tomato and spring onions on top of fish
3) Sprinkle soya sauce onto fish before steaming
4) Steam for approximately 12mins (15mins for bigger piece of fish fillet)
5) Upon ceasing fire, sprinkle chinese cooking wine onto fish fillet

Boiled Vegetables
1 packet of vegetable (I usually stir fry, but for Kai Lan I'll usually boil as it takes a longer time to cook when fried)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 red cut chilli
Steps -
1) Boil a pot of water; upon boiled add vegetables into pot
2) Boil vegetables approximately 2-3mins when the vege turned into a rich green
3) Upon ceasing fire, serve with oyster sauce and add red cut chilli

Bon Appetit!!!

6 comments:

J@n!ce said...

This is too good. You are terrific to do up a video like that. You shop alot from NTUC just lik me ...I can see from the food you purchased from there.

4MalMal said...

that's a great video, u must have put in alot of work! thanks for sharing, will definitely try out the dishes one of these days.

allthingspurple said...

huaaahhh...what a great way to show the steps !!! And thanks so much for sharing the chicken karaage recipe.I have been wanting to do that like forever !!!

mamabliss said...

Hi Janice, thanks dear...yeah... am a super NTUC aunty hehehehe

mamabliss said...

Hello Rachel... thanks dear... I spent about an hour+ doing up the video... it's not very difficult to make the video... just drag and drop the pix, video clip and music to go along... ;)

mamabliss said...

hihi Christene, you love chicken karaage too huh... hehehe I like it very much too...it goes very well with dijonnaise mustard ;) try the recipe and let me know the outcome ya...