Sunday, June 01, 2008

Playgroup Fun...

What have we been up to the past weeks? Tim hasn't been schooled much other than being exposed to different activities and more playing; I suppose I am taking the child-led method at this stage...simply because I've become lazy... whoops! Then again, I can't force Tim to sit down and listen to me "teach" him... it's impossible...

I am already very grateful for the 10mins of audience from him hearing me read him stories each day... and I get even happier whenever he ask me "Mom, read again..." I guess, I am more at peace when I know that I'll be sending him to school next year... and whatever I do at home with him is to supplement his learning in school or vice versa...

Anyways, I digressed again... meant to update on the playgroup we attended the past Thursday. I recently made a new friend from the blogosphere...and she's Hann’s Mummy... she's so sweet to have extended an invite to us to the playgroup she's organized for 2-yr-olds.

This was what we did that day... it was the Letter "A" week... the group was pretty small that day...there were Hann, Caitlin and Tim... but I definitely think the children had a lot of fun even though it was a small group. Some warming up free-play for the kiddos to get familiar with each other and play together.
The first activity we did was letter recognition using foam letters. All the children were enthusiastically playing with the alphabet sets in front of them.
Then they did word recognition together with matching the appropriate objects to the correct word that starts with the alphabet A.
Lastly, they did apple printing in washable paint. Both Caitlin and Tim ended up with hand printing instead *faint*...

I am happy that Tim gets an opportunity to mingle/socialize with other kids other than being coop up at home all day long... it's really a refreshing change for us. He had loads of fun plus he gets to learn something new as well... ie. apple printing.

Oh in case you are wondering whatever happened to the previous homeschool playgroup we were involved in... we have taken a break from it recently... as Jenny is re-looking into the lesson plans and I was a little caught up in helping hubby with some admin stuff... homeschool playgroup might resume sometime in June... we'll play-by-ear and I'll update accordingly as we go along...

No comments: