Saturday, June 14, 2008

Eat Healthy, Be Healthy...

I have ran out of ideas to feed Tim recently... he's exhibiting signs of resentment to the food I feed him especially during dinner... he was only willing to finish half a bowl of what I feed him every evening (mainly, whatever we - the adults, have for dinner) and he'll usually take over an hour to finish the food *faint*...

However, I do notice that if I feed him pasta in tomato sauce with either meatballs or fish or sometimes chicken, he can down one full bowl of it and at record time... that really sets me thinking if I should seriously make a change to his daily dinner... ie. to cook something separate for him every evening. That would mean more work...hmmm...

Anyways, it's important to be mindful what to feed our little ones... I read in AsiaOne recently two articles about food... and have reflected on what I have been making my kids eat... so far so good...this is what my two kiddos have been consuming (mainly) at home -

Fish: Thread Fish, Salmon, Cod
Poultry: Chicken
Meat: Beef (we've cut down almost completely in consuming Pork for various reasons).
Vegetables: Broccoli, Spinach, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Sweet potatoes, Carrots, Pumpkins
Fruits: Bananas, Apples, Grapes, Kiwi, Mangoes, Plums
Others: Eggs, Petit Miam yogurt (only Tim is eating), Yakult Light (only Tim is drinking)
Supplements: Fish Oil

If you are keen to read the articles from Asiaone, here're the links -
Eat Right to Fight Infections
7 Things to Know about the Kiwi

1 comment:

Joyce Long said...

Same here. Cherrlyn is also getting her own perference of taste ever since I let her eat Katsu Don. At home, when I cooked porrridge without MSG, I have a hard time asking her to eat. Only after I put a little bit of mamite then she finished quickly. ** faint **