Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Bread This Week...

What's up in the kitchen lab this week? Baked two different types of buns... recipes taken from "The World of Bread by Alex Goh"... I totally love all the recipes in this book... they are so easy and best of all, the bread turns out very soft and fluffy even without using bread improver... check out the results of my bakes...As you may have noticed, the breads are not very professionally done...wahaha... they are mostly not shaped properly... still need to fine tune on the aesthetics part of my hand shaped breads... gotta need more practice... ;)

This recipe came with an alternative suggestion for those who enjoy savoury bread... and that's MOI... *grin*... I tried sprinkling half of the cheese bread with sugar topping and as for the other half, I sprinkled rosemary as suggested by the chef. Both turned out great... the cheese and butter gave this bread the extra ooomph to the aroma when the bread was baking in the oven...
Hubby loved this batch of bake BEST... the Green Tea Red Bean Buns. He gave me a double thumbs up... he said the green tea made the bread extraordinarily fragrant and it was a perfect match with red beans (I used the ready made can red beans, it was just TOO sweet)... on the whole I like the buns it really tasted exceptionally yummy...

Have just injured my left index finger last night while cutting oranges (had an approximately 1.5cm long cut, not sure how deep though, but it was bleeding profusely last night)... so I guess there won't be any hand shaped breads for the time being... :(((( oh man, what am I going to do???? *sob*

3 comments:

LZmommy said...

Pauline, I can't find the bread maker in Best Denki or Harvey norman :( Will have to look again...

Oh dear! Hope you will recover soon...

Mama Bliss said...

hello LZMommy, you can try it at Tangs... I got mine from Tangs... otherwise, you may try the brand Princess, it was recommended to me by a frd...

Tim said...

Good Job! :)