Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Bento #1 - Packed with Love

I was surfing past some baking/cooking blogs and this really caught me... ie. the BENTO craze... wahahaha... it only takes some cutesy egg moulds to have me hooked.

Didn't know preparing bento can be so fun and so full of joy... the best part? You get to eat healthier food as it's all home made (ie. you know what you have added into your own food)...

And so...I was down at Daiso hunting down all the bento accessories/wares... but I couldn't find those wonderfully cute egg moulds anywhere... sigh... neverthelss, I've made my very first bento lunch for hubby yesterday... ;)The lunch was Onigiri (read: rice ball), with stir fried vege, flower-shaped egg omelette, sausages, chicken cutlet with sweet & sour source and strawberries.

Hubby shared with me that the bento lunch has drawn a lot of attention at his office yesterday... teehehe... one even asked if his wife is a Japanese... muahahaha...

15 comments:

LZmommy said...

What a nice bento you came up with for you hub! :) I'm sure I will see more of these in your blog ;)

Pauline, I just started a group, bento in facebook, do hope you can join and share your creation :)I have sent you the invites through facebook :)

mamabliss said...

Hi LZMommy, thanks so much for your invite and compliments... *blush*... hopefully I can whip up more interesting and pretty bentos ;)

Blessed mum said...

wow! That's a very beautiful bento!!

Michelle said...

Wow! Very nice. Did you have to wake up very early to make the bento? I can barely crawl out of bed in the mornings! heh heh.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mamaseah said...

impressive! so well done!! i only read the bento blogs and drool over the creation but never bother to try. lazy :p

4MalMal said...

hey pauline, your hubby is SO lucky! and his colleagues must be green with envy! good job and I can't wait to try my hand on bento. how u make the flower shaped omelette??

allthingspurple said...

wooo..NICE !!!

i would love to make bento for my DH too but he isnt the type who bring packed food to work. I counted only once, and that was a fried mee hoon (not onigiri) bento. ha ha

Mama Bliss said...

Hi LZMommy, thanks... it's really fun to make bentos :) I've already joined the Bento Gp in FB, thanks for inviting me ;)

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Blessed Mum... thank you dear :)

Mama Bliss said...

Hello Michelle, yeah, you were right, I literally crawled out of bed at 630am to prepare the bento for hubby... i'm just grateful i had the help from my helper to clean and wash up after me... ;)

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Ivy, yeah those bento blogs and pix in flickr really entice me so much that I wanted to try prepare a bento myself teehehehe

Mama Bliss said...

Hey Rachel, thanks dear... hubby was very happy abt the bento i've prepared for him... ;)

I cut the omelette using a flower shaped vegetable cutter... but hubby said he can't even tell that it was a flower :( but i've seen others using cookie cutter on a frying pan and pour the egg mixture within the cookie cutter to make special shaped omelette. You might want to try...

Mama Bliss said...

Hello allthingspurple, i see that ur bentos for ur children are pretty well done...and what with all ur bento wares u definitely could whip up something really appealing *slurp*

Joan D'Arcy said...

Wow! Definitely a Bento, packed with love. I did ask dh if he wants me pack bento to work.. he just laugh and laughed and laughed... Ur dh is such a dearest!