Saturday, May 17, 2008

A New Experiment & A Birthday Celebration

Just a disclaimer, the title of this blog entry has got nothing to do with each other... :)

I've recently received a recipe update from Kraft on Spaghetti Meatball and I thought it's simple enough to whip up in a short time... but I did some modifications to the recipe... I used lean beef which I minced it using my blender... the ingredients required, added beautiful colours that look so cheerful; as I am preparing the meatball I can just imagine Tim's smiles as he is eating wahahaha...
I love how the meatballs look so neatly lined up on the tray... to be honest, I was salivating as I was preparing them... *hungry mama*
And this was Tim's dinner... he really loved it... gobbled his dinner in record breaking time... he usually takes approximately 40-50mins to finish his dinner... but that evening, he finished in 20mins... hmmm made me wonder if I should just feed him this meal everyday... ;P
Look who is more excited about birthday cakes? hehehe... it was my domestic helper, Kusmi's birthday yesterday... we held a tiny little celebration at home for her.

This week will mark her first year with us (gosh how time flies), I must admit that she's been a tremendous help to me... without her, I wouldn't be able to bake, cook and homeschool in sanity at all...and more importantly she has a natural love for children... so I've been exceptionally lucky... thank God for His great blessing... I should feel so lucky...lucky lucky lucky... *smile*

9 comments:

mamaseah said...

ohhh the meatballs look so yummy! you said that u are lucky to find a reliable helper, yes indeed you are. but I must add that she is equally lucky to have found a good home too :) it's sad that many families actually mistreat their helper one way or the other. not many will bother to remember their birthday, let alone celebrate it for them. this shows that you have a big heart.

Anonymous said...

hi mamabliss..i've been following ur blog silently for a while and truly impressed with your bakes. I enjoy baking too but of late..my oven has died on me..so now am sourcing for another good oven..do u hve any recommendations?? are u using a standalone or built in oven?
From Moo Han

mamabliss said...

Hi Ivy, thanks very very much dear for your compliments ;)

mamabliss said...

Hello Moo Han, thanks so much for visiting my blog...

Actually I am still a novice in baking...just started recently since I became a SAHM...

As to which oven is better... I am using the convection function in my microwave oven... and I get a little frustrated at times when I have be bake cookies in separate batches... it's very time consuming because the oven is too small... I much prefer a standalone oven... so my next target (if one day my oven konked on me) I'll get an Ariston standalone oven... that's something in my wish list for a while now... teehehe

I can't really answer your question about a recommendation seriously, I am not good in baking yet... but I always think a standalone is the best option...for frequent bakers...

Hann Hann said...

Can share the receipe on meatballs?

My Mummy can't seem to make them stick together leh.

mamabliss said...

Hello Hann... the recipe is -
Minced Beef, Bread Crumbs, Spring Onions, Grated Carrots, salt & pepper to taste, and 1 lightly beaten egg. I cook the meatballs in pasta sauce.

The trick to making the meatball stick is the egg. You may also add a little cornstarch ;) hope that helps.

J@n!ce said...

Your helper must be really glad that you celebrated her birthday for her. So fortunate :)

Hann Hann said...

Yup! it does. thanx

allthingspurple said...

you are so fortunate to have found such a good maid. She is probably one in a million. I ahve never met anyone who are happy with their maid's performace todate, excep my mom's ex-maids of 20 years and 16 years respectively.

on another note, i must say that all your home made bread looks so tempting!!