Friday, May 02, 2008

My Growing Children

Happenings this week...

We brought Little Missy to her 9th month health assessment today...and she's really GROWN a lot... she's now 9.8kg (90th percentile *worried mama*), and has a height of 76cm (75th percentile)... and for the record, she just started to pull herself to a seated position last Saturday (26th Apr '08), a new milestone of hers... and she's as joyous as can be... look at her smiles... *beaming mama*
Tim is now 28 months old... and he certainly has grown up quite a bit too... it's unbelievable that both my kiddos are growing so quickly... Tim is now more independent and has certainly become more talkative... he continues to surprise us by the things he do and say... he's also able to relate back to us the things we've taught him...

I've also noticed that he's a fantastic memory... It didn't occur to me that he'll remember what he watched on Play House Disney... even though the programs are very often repeated... one time, we were watching the Little Einsteins together and there was a scene which he requested for the drum... I was baffled but I gave him the toy drum anyways, it appeared that the Little Einsteins were using a huge drum in the next scene on the program... *mama amazed*

Guess I've under estimated his ability to learn and absorb at this age... I'd better teach him well and right... ;)
I've been procrastinating for the longest time to put up Tim's roster... FINALLY... it's up! Been wanting to work out a timetable for Tim to follow for a while...just started this on Wednesday...and it's really a great way to 'bribe' the kid to do what he needs to do... in a way, it's also to remind me of the things I need to follow through as a routine for the boy.

Tim was thrilled to have collected so many stickers...and he enthusiastically have all the things I've listed on the roster done... I hope with this roster he'll build a habit of brushing teeth in the morning and eating breakfast ;)

4 comments:

Sweetpea said...

hi mamabliss, thanks for visiting my blog. of course i won't mind you doing so, and more than welcomed anytime. i hope you have no more issues with your toilet papers :P you have beautiful children :)

Javier & Jeanie said...

hi mamabliss, salute to you. you really put in a lotsa effort and hardwork for your kid. Keep it up cheers :)

mamabliss said...

Hi SweetPea, thanks very much... Tim is still playing with those toilet paper have to keep an eye on him closely when he's in the toilet... he's otherwise playing with the flush *faint*... then again he's just trying to make sense of the things and how they work around him... *smile*

mamabliss said...

Hello Mommy to Javier & Jeanie... thanks dear...am still learning to be a good SAHM... ;) it's still very new to me...