Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Managing a Home Library

As the months go by, I realised I am slowly but surely needing a more systematic way to store the books I've accumulated over time... otherwise it'll be a daunting task trying to re-org the books and not to mention finding the specific book when I needed it...

I am crazy about books and I'd very much like my children to enjoy books as much as I do... and in order to ensure that we have a systematic way to store the books which I plan to train Tim up to put away the books himself in time to come, I came up with my own system to upkeep my home library.

It's no rocket science, really, just by using coloured label stickers, that'll do the trick... the colour coding will help me group the books that belong together at a designated place...so when a book is taken out, we will know where to put them back (even my domestic helper would know how to put them back accordingly).Books could be categorised according to genre or even by the same author... just give it a specific colour code and you could also start your own home library management system.

10 comments:

Ing said...

Hi, found yr blog by chance. You have 2 lovely kids. :) I love books too and like to buy books for my kids too. Hv been bringing my eldest to the library to borrow books. We don't have as many books as you though. But in time to come, hope that I can start my own "Home Library" too. Great job you've done there! =)

mamabliss said...

hello Ing, thanks for visiting and your compliments... :) glad to find a fellow lover of books... lets exchange notes along the way in motherhood hehehe

Hann Hann said...

not Hann but Hann's Mummy said...
You're amazing!

mamaseah said...

i am by mature a very disorganize and untidy person. I am struggling to keep the kids' stuff organize, be it books, toys, clothes etc. Not forgetting getting my own stuffs organized :x think i am really doing a bad bad job in that department.

mamabliss said...

Hello Hann's Mummy, thanks for visiting my blog and your kind compliments :)

mamabliss said...

Hi Ivy, am also a very disorganized person... I live in organized mess...hehehe Hubby always say I make the place look like warehouse... so you aren't alone...

But the only one place I am very proud of is my home library... I guess it has to do with my love for books that I bother to keep it neat wahahaha...

J@n!ce said...

Wowow, you are really organized. I like the idea of a home library like that. We have a lot of books at home now that they are usually misplaced too :)

mamabliss said...

hello Janice, thanks dear... i picked up this home library idea from the homeschool forum :P

Blessed mum said...

wow..what a brilliant idea you got there! I have a lot of books too and I think I going implement this too. Thanks for this wonderful suggestion.

Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier. Hope to "see" you again : )

mamabliss said...

Hi Blessed Mum, thanks for the compliments :) I'll certainly visit your blog more often...and yes "see" you around... teehehe