Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Chicken Cutlet Rice For Lunch

Ever met with a day that you just don't know what to eat for lunch or dinner? Sometimes it seems like a chore to think of what we should have for our next meal... then again, I have reminded myself to treasure what I have... as it is a blessing to be spoilt for choices while some people of other parts of the world are starving... for that I'd better not complain about having to stress over what to eat for each meal :X

Today, I decided to prepare me-self some chicken cutlet... since I haven't had Japanese food for a while (craving for sashimi... aww... how I miss the sashimi at Ikoi of Miramar Hotel *slurp*).

Anyways, I side tracked... this is what I had for lunch today...
Recipe
2 large pieces of chicken breast (I bought mine from the super market)
Corn Flour
Breadcrumbs (I used the Japanese brand bread crumbs meant for frying ebi)
1/2 tsp salt (added to the corn flour)
1 tsp pepper (added to the corn flour)
2 large eggs (beaten separately)
1/2 large white onion sliced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar (to be added to the soy sauce)

Method of Preparation
The Chicken Cutlet -
1) Cover the chicken breast with the corn flour mixture
2) Dip the chicken breast into the beaten egg
3) Cover the chicken breast with bread crumbs
4) Set the chicken breast aside for at least 30mins (this will prevent the coating of bread crumbs to fall apart during frying)
5) Once it's been marinated for 30mins, prepare oil for deep frying on high heat
6) Once the oil is hot, reduce fire to medium low and place the chicken breast into pan, fry till golden brown.

The Omelette -
1) Fry the onions on pan
2) Add eggs and fry for a while more (I like my egg semi cooked so I off the fire just before the egg is completely cooked)
3) Set aside on serving plate

The Sauce -
1) Mix the sugar into the soy sauce
2) Heat the mixture in a pan for 1/2 min or when it's boiling on the pan
*(ideally, the sauce should be prepared with mirin and japanese soy sauce but the above is an alternative if you don't have mirin at home)

Serve by drizzling the sauce (in moderation, could be quite salty) onto the chicken cutlet and egg.

Enjoy!~

1 comment:

mamaseah said...

seems like your cooking skills are getting better and better. the food looks really tasty. beautiful to see and i believe must be good to eat too!

if i'm at home i'll probably be just cooking maggi noodles for myself with just an egg thrown in :p