Friday, May 30, 2008

Banana Shortbread

I am so excited that I can't wait to try the recipes I found in the new recipe book I've bought... and this is the very first recipe I tried... with some adaptations...

It was easy peasy... and hubby, Tim and even my helper loved it... it was all GONE in 24hrs... *wink*Recipe
(adapted from The World of Bread by Alex Goh)

Ingredients
(A)
150gms Sugar (reduced from the stated 250gms in the recipe)
130gms Butter
1tsp Sodium Bicarbonate
1/2 tsp salt

(B)
2 Eggs

(C)
300gms Banana, mashed

(D)
300gms Cake Flour
1/2tsp Baking Powder
80ml Milk

(E)
100gms Chopped Walnuts
50gms Chocolate Rice (Optional - as it wasn't in the original recipe)

Method of Preparation
1) Cream (A) till light and fluffy
2) Add (B) and cream till smooth
3) Add (C) mix till well blended
4) Mix (D) till well combined
5) Add (E), mix till well incorporated
6) Pour mixture into a greased and lined loaf tin. You may sprinkle some walnut toppings before baking.
7) Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 45-65mins. Check with a skewer if the bread is done...as I've tried baking at the suggested 45mins in the book but I needed to put in a couple more times before it was fully cooked inside. When I send the bread into the oven the third time, I covered the tin with foil to prevent the top from over burning.

Have fun!

No comments: