Friday, April 04, 2008

Oreo Choco Chip Muffin

Yes!!! I've MADE it!!! Soft, Moist & Tender muffins!!! ;) Was rather upset with my previous batch of bake... where the muffins turned chewy and hard after a day...and hubby (being an avid pastry & cake lover) didn't even want to eat more sigh...

Today I surf by the Happy Home Baker's blog and discovered that she's just shared a new muffin recipe... how timely for me.

The Happy Home Baker, suggested to use Buttermilk which will make the muffin softer and more tender after baking... however, as I wish to use up the tub of natural yoghurt that's been sitting in my fridge for a while (since I last baked the chicken pie) so I substituted the buttermilk with yoghurt instead. I don't have peanut butter chips (used in Happy Home Baker's recipe), so I resorted to use choco chips.

As mentioned in my previous entry, I wanted to try out using Top Flour instead of using regular plain flour (which tends to have a higher content of gluten thus causing the chewiness in muffins).

The result was satisfactory... I finally MADE soft, moist & tender muffins!!! YAAY!!!
The muffins look like someone who has a serious case of acne problem on the face... but the muffins tasted great!
Best of all, it was soft, moist & tender, just how muffins should be! *wink*

2 comments:

4MalMal said...

Kowtow to u for always putting your heart and soul to everything you do!

Anonymous said...

Hi just wondering if the oven is fan force should I still set it at 180c or 160 will do?