Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Oreo Cheese Cake

Oreo Cheese Cake at the NYDC has always been my FAVOURITE cake at all times... alas, since I developed diabetes I've cut this favourite dessert completely... for it's just too decadent and rich for my condition... (even typing this makes me salivate *slurp*)...

Since the last batch of Oreo Muffins, I've some left over Oreos and I brave to make an Oreo Cheesecake for the very first time...

I tried the bake version of the Oreo Cheesecake... and it didn't turn out as pretty as I've imagined it to be... sigh... nonetheless, it tasted very much like how an Oreo Cheesecake should...teehehe...As I couldn't find sour cream at NTUC, I've substituted it with natural yogurt (naturally healthier choice amidst all the super duper rich ingredients). Here's where you can find the recipe.

Next up, I'll try to make the non-bake version of Oreo Cheesecake.

6 comments:

mamaseah said...

yeah u should try the non bake recipe! easy and yummy! i did once and it taste nice enough. even my fil ate it. heheh

I used the recipe from here : http://bossacafez.blogspot.com/2006/02/no-bake-oreo-cheesecake.html

do give it a try

mamabliss said...

ooooh THANKS Ivy... I'll definitely try it... have already bought the Philly Cream Cheese...muahaha...

mamaseah said...

great!!! remember to post ur results for me to drool over!

J@n!ce said...

Your first attempt???? You are so smart. Looks really appetising. I love anything OREO... I want to try this too :)

Mama Bliss said...

yes Janice please do try and let me know how your bake turn out by doing a blog entry on it ya... :) so EXCITING!!!

IMMomsDaughter said...

Ooooo your baking adventure really make me drool *salute*. I love Oreo cheese as much as the Choc cake.