Thursday, April 03, 2008

Muffins Anyone?

Was watching a TV program the other night and was inspired to bake some muffins of my own... in the past I've always used plain flour to bake muffins and they always turn out flat and HARD...

So after watching the program I attempted to modify the muffin recipe I have with me, by using cake flour instead of plain flour... the result? It turned out puffed up and soft on the inside, while fresh from the oven...but after keeping the muffins overnight it turned chewy and hard again... *faint*... -_-

I tried googling for an answer to soft moist muffins... but all that was said is not to over mix the batter... keep it lumpy that's ok... so... I shall try again the next time... this time I'll use top flour and then I'll not over mix the batter...

Will share again what's the outcome... later~

4 comments:

MomsyWorld said...

i used SR flour and plain flour before. Preferred SR flour because after a day or 2, the texture is still pretty soft...and yes, do not overbeat the batter, else the air will be "lost" as a result.

J@n!ce said...

All your yummy bakery photos inspired me to learn baking now. I have to go get an oven first now, then I will hop over to bother you on those receipe... LOL :D

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Fannie, thanks so much for sharing with me the info on over beating... i was still wondering why can't we beat the batter longer... now i know... :)

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Janice... no probs... but I'm only an amateur in baking... nevertheless I'll be glad to share the recipes I have with you teehehe