Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Lovely Day...

When I woke up yesterday morning, I told myself, I was going to have a lovely day... counting my blessings more than worrying about what's missing in my life sets me up to have a lovely day... ;)

Indeed, we had a lovely day... as it was raining in the morning yesterday, we weren't able to run down to the playground... I immediately, whipped out my bunch of chalks that I've kept for quite a while and decided to let Tim have some fun doodling on the floor of our corridor. T'was his first experience with a chalk... he had his fair share of fun... which eventually ended with him crushing the chalks on the floor...he enjoyed destroying more than creating...*faint*


Tim's turning 28mths soon... time simply flies it's scary... he'll soon be 2.5yrs old... and I wonder if I have done sufficiently in guiding, teaching and nurturing him... quite honestly, I've entertained the thought of sending him to school especially, during days when I was about to pull my hair out (ie. when his temper tantrums, and defiance was rampant), so that I could enjoy a few moments of peace and quiet at home, to rest, and to re-charge.

Then again, I remembered the reasons why I wanted to homeschool him since 2 yrs ago... the thought just evaporated eventually...when I was encouraged by good friends such as Jenny to spur me on...and I was inspired by mothers who have more children than me, and who have no extra help at home, yet were able to homeschool their children and bring them up so well...

Little Missy is such a bundle of joy... just by looking at her makes me smile... and I am beginning to suspect, she really knows that she's being photographed... these series of pictures were taken without me trying to amuse her at all... she just wrinkled her nose and smile at the camera... hmmm...

*sigh of contentment* all sacrifices, all exhaustion and all stress are all worth while at the end of the day... knowing the kids are happy and enjoying their time with me... I'm looking forward to more of such lovely days with them *blissful*

3 comments:

IMMomsDaughter said...

What a lovely thankful post and how true!

mamabliss said...

thanks dear... :)

Javier & Jeanie said...

Joyce hair look so nice. All coming down and how to make it all come down? Jeanie hair is still standing machiam flyaway hair hehe.