Friday, April 25, 2008

Kitchen Storm...

The kitchen lab is my haven... I've been whipping up loads of fun experiments recently... and I am rather thrilled by the outcome ;)

Since my last bake Oreo Cheesecake, I've searched for recipes on non-bake oreo cheesecakes...and MamaSeah (Ivy) has very kindly shared with me a recipe she's come across and tried... it was really a very easy to follow recipe... and hence the outcome of my non-bake Oreo Cheesecake was a success *beaming*
The recipe can be found here... try it sometime, it's worth the time and effort... if you are a great fan of Oreos... oooh... *salivate*
I am a great fan of sweet corn...and corn muffin has been something I've been wanting to try out... I can't really remember how the Kenny Rogers' Corn Muffin tasted like as it's been ages since I last stepped into a Kenny Rogers restaurant... anyhow, I found this recipe and thought it was fun to bake some corn muffin... I've modified the recipe a little by adding chicken ham (just to satisfy my savoury tastebud) and I'd suggest to use freshly boiled sweet corn on the cob rather than buying canned corn kernel (these are usually tasteless)...

The results? oooh yummylicious!!! *wink*
Sweet & Sour Salmon, anyone? This was one of the dishes in our dinner tonight... oh my... it's simply wonderfully yummy... I can't describe it any better... the recipe was from here... I've added chopped tomatoes to this dish... and the sauce goes very well with iceberg lettuce... you've gotta try it!!!

Are you hungry yet? *grin*

16 comments:

Sweeteepye said...

I vaguely recall trying to make the KR type corn muffins before. THink it came out so so and now not much time. I shall try it again sometime! :)

I do like the bake type of cheesecake. Any recipe to recommend?

jean said...

I love sweet corn too!!! but I am trying to refrain from cakes and muffins cos of gestation diabectic... and I also love salmon... going to try this dish next week. thanks for sharing!!!

J@n!ce said...

You tried the cheesecake already. Looks really nice & neat.

I rem I like the muffin from Kenny Rogers too. Will check out the recipe.

Coming to your blog never fail to dissapoint me.

Good Job, mama :)

mommyjos said...

hey,you have turned into a very professional SAHM! whipping us dishes that always makes me savlivate whenever i read :) *Salute* keep up the good work! hehe

LZmommy said...

You have been busy :) Your family must be enjoying these yummy food and you are making me hungry! :)

I will definitely try the oreo cheesecake :)

mamaseah said...

my god... i am salivating while looking at the pics....

mamabliss said...

Hi Sweeteepye, yeah it'll be fun to bake some KR's corn muffin at home ;)the recipe for the baked version of oreo cheesecake can be found here http://www.backofthebox.com/recipes/cheesecakes/oreo-cheesecake-g.html

mamabliss said...

Hi Jean, you are having GD too? Do take care ya... :) yes try the salmon recipe, it's really refreshingly tasty... ;)

mamabliss said...

Thanks very much Janice :)

mamabliss said...

Thank you Josephine :)

mamabliss said...

Hello LZMommy... yes you must try the non bake oreo cheesecake recipe :) believe L&Z would love it hehehe

mamabliss said...

mamaseah...teehehe... try out the recipes too... you can make delish looking food as well ;)

4MalMal said...

the corn muffins used to be my favourite and I have to try out the non bake cheese cake! thank you for sharing!

mamabliss said...

Hi Rachel... thanks ;) good things are always worth sharing *smile*

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've tried the non-bake cheese cake but it turned out so soft. i cant even cut out one piece like the picture you posted. why huh ?? sob sob..do i have to put in freezer ?

mamabliss said...

hi there...sorry that your non-bake oreo cheesecake didn't turn out well... was wondering if you have added gelatin to the mixture before you place the cake to chill in the refrigerator... that's quite an essential ingredient...