Friday, March 07, 2008

The Ultimate Test...

*warning - long post*

The Ultimate test to my sanity and patience...

Are there days you feel like everything has gone wrong... you've woken up with a severe backache and shoulder ache... the house seems to be in a mess... and the Murphy's Law kicks into every aspect of your life??? Well, I've finally tasted that...

Yesterday, was one such day for me... you see... I've been nursing this backache since last week, and the nagging pain just wouldn't go away, in spite of several nights of rubbing "Counter Pain" and pasting of Salon Pas... to aggravate the problem, I have an infant who simply wouldn't allow me to put her down on the bed...

And this, was seriously the ultimate!!! Tim was playing about in his play yard, and I needed to place Little Missy down on Tim's bed to rest my arm and back... I have to take care of the 2 kiddos at the same time as my helper needed to take her morning shower... what happened you might ask... I have a restless toddler jumping up and down, and a screaming infant ...Tim pushed his sister out of the play yard (I gave him a stern warning about that), before I could even lift Little Missy out of the awkward situation, he slammed the door of the play yard onto Little Missy's head *faint*So how did the guilty one reacted? He just hide his face under his pillows and looking up at me occasionally, while I gave him a very stern look...and was shouting at the top of my voice... yes, I've lost it... my cool and my poise... arrghh...Poor Little Missy, she cried till there was no sound coming out of her, with her face completely flushed red... I can only imagine the pain she was experiencing... sighThe sentence was Time Out!!! I just had to use it... I'm really pushed to the limit this time... He was grounded for 2 minutes...

And today... Tim had multiple pee/poo accidents... ARRGGHHH!!!! I can't believe it, after going through 2 weeks of accident-free days... now we're back to the starting point??? What's happening???

I sat down quietly on my own, reflecting on the past events of the week... and I deduce that Tim is lacking in my attention...I guess, these few weeks, I've been giving Little Missy more attention and have also been rather busy on my personal activities that caused Tim to act up this way... I really need to put everything aside and give this little lad more of my TLC and time...
On a happier note, Tim, has taken his own initiative to want to brush his teeth in the morning today... and I allowed him to just play with the tooth brush on his own for as long as he wanted (he was brushing his teeth for a good 10mins)... I applied the Montessori way of not disturbing him while he was at it... and he was rather contented just by brushing his teeth on his own...
While there are painful days, there are also days that I celebrate and am grateful for - Little Missy's happy face and growing well...
She's just started her first porridge on 3rd Mar (Monday this week)... that was painstakingly made from fresh chicken broth and carrots... she loved it... *blissful*

8 comments:

Mamaseah said...

oh dear... poor joyce, for being the victim..

poor tim, for having to compete with his little sis for your time and attention &

poor you for having to go through the frustration..

actually I think you are doing very well as a SAHM. If I am a SAHM, i don't think i'll be able to use my time as efficiently as you. Keep up the good work :)

mamabliss said...

Thanks Ivy... really needed some encouragement there... never knew motherhood could be this tiring... :P

Rose said...

Hi Mamabliss, I think the suspect was angry with the time-out punishment, and he started to behave badly by returning the favour to u! i.e. poo and pee! Hahaha! Kids are like that! They can be angels and same time devils to us! Maybe Tim is jealous of little sister and want to get your attention as well.

jean said...

Hi Pauline, first, a big hug to you. Poor mommy! I think you are doing fine as a SAHM taking care of 2. It's not easy, but with God's strength and wisdom, I am sure you will be able to go through it. Hang in there!

Looking at Joyce laughing makes me smile too :)

mamabliss said...

Hi Rose, ya i guess he is acting the way he did the other day due to lack of positive attention from me... sigh... nevertheless, i've changed my attitude towards him and have noticed his better behaviour these few days...

mamabliss said...

Hello Jean, thanks dearie... encouragement is what i needed most... ;)

4MalMal said...

hey, I hope you are feeling better now. You are definitely doing a good job as a mother of 2. Both your kiddos are so cute and lovable. Just look at those photos, Tim in the bathroom ones make me smile and your little Missy big round eyes makes me so jealous ! Your effort is all worthwhile.

Javier & Jeanie said...

Javier says: Hey Auntie Pauline, you are not alone cos my mummy also facing the same problem like you. However I never try to slam the door at Jeanie meimei head :) the most I do is use my hand to beat and mummy always managed to catch hold of my hand.

Mummy says: Ever since Jav's attended school, he had become very sticky to me. Always calling for me and want me to hug/carry him. He never used to be like that. While I am carrying Jeanie he will ask me to put meimei down to playpen and carry him. Of cos I do that cos dun wanna let him feel neglected. Sometimes it is very tough cos both of them want our love at the same time.