Friday, March 14, 2008

Joyful Moments

I'm thankful for moments such as these on days that I totally enjoy being a SAHM... Tim has been more "understanding" these days... as in, he's able to take instructions better...and he's able to empathise better...

Just a few days ago, he emptied his toy box in the kitchen while I was preparing lunch... I requested for him to put the toys back into the box otherwise I might hurt myself by stepping on them accidentally and fall... he blinked his thoughtful eyes at me for a moment and began picking up all the toys and packing them back into the box and place it back to its original place... I smiled secretly at what he did feeling a great sense of warmth and love... ;)Eversince we had this drum set at home, we haven't had a day of peace... heh heh... thanks to my wonderful brother... Tim is totally immerse in making music through this drum *faint*... he'll shout "Play dum (drum)... play dum (drum)..." everyday... good grief...
As I'm taking candid shots of him every now and then... to my surprise, he requested to have his picture taken with his 'bestest' friend - Chicky... sitting quietly and smiling nicely into the camera to have this shot taken... he is certainly not oblivious to photo taking now...

Speaking of his bestest friend... nowadays, he's been making Chicky do all sorts of funny things...eg. make Chicky hold onto the drum stick and play drum and he'll rattle "Chick play dum"... switching the TV off by holding out Chicky's wing... hmmm is this what you call play pretend or imaginative friend???
Funny how Tim would sit down quietly with his bestest friend to have a picture taken...and will always wriggle his way out when hubby asked to have a shot taken with him... this cheeky boy...

1 comment:

Joan D'Arcy said...

Lil C is also a drummer kid! Every morning he goes "bang bang" till he is ready for school.. Then, coming back from school, another "bang bang"... and at night, if its after 8.30pm, we would hide his drum so that the neighbour wouldnt complain.. heheeh!!! I think kids like ours love things that give response to their action - esp musical instrument. In fact, montessori said that at a younger age (<5), kids should only be exposed to music & art. ;) After that, then worry about science/maths & reading/writing.