Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Jacob Ballas Children's Garden

It's been a long time since I've been wanting to bring the kids to the Jacob Ballas Children's garden... I've only learnt about it end last year... (I know, am so back dated...).

I've always love for my kids to be more expose to nature... it's a great place to discover, observe and learn... when we first stepped into the Jacob Ballas Children's garden... I know for sure it's a great place for my little ones to learn...

For Tim, he's at a (in Montessori's term) Sensitive period with an absorbent mind... and this place definitely tabs into all the senses of Tim's... from listening, to smelling, to seeing, to feeling, to touching... you name it... we could spend ALL day just in that little garden alone...

And so, we visited the place twice in 2 Saturdays in consecutive. That's how much fun we (I mean the entire family) had... ;) I've created two simple videos of the 2 trips we've made to the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden...for your viewing pleasure *grin*

Here's the video on our first visit - 15th Mar 2008


And here's the video on our visit yesterday - 22nd Mar 2008

6 comments:

LZmommy said...

Great videos! I will bring LZ there one of these days :) I'm sure they will enjoy as much as Tim.

Michelle said...

I brought Cayden there too, when we were in Singapore. He loved it. Unfortunately we never made it past the water area... He loved playing with the water so much!

J@n!ce said...

Pauline, so coincident that we were at the Botanic Gardens on Sat too. We enter through the side gates only to realized that the Jacob Ballas Garden was in the other end. The sky turned dark & we left around 1.30pm. I promised my boy to bring them again.... hahaha... I could have just met you there.... YAY !! :)

Btw, I just learnt abt the garden late last year too....not much advertising on it ah? :)

mamabliss said...

Hi LZMommy, yes, you really MUST bring LZ there... am positive they'll like it there... it's so educational...they can certainly learn and find more meaningful information than Tim does... ;)

mamabliss said...

Hi Michelle... likewise for Tim, he loved the water play so much that the second trip was made specially for him... :)

mamabliss said...

Hi Janice, wow... we could have bumped into each other hehehe... yes you must bring your kiddos there am sure they'll have loads of fun!!! yah, i learnt about the garden through another blogging mum's entry as well... ;)