Monday, March 17, 2008

Home Made Pizza...

I've always been wanting to bake a pizza...and more so a Hawaiian Pizza... as I surf the Happy Homebaker's blog, I discovered the easy to follow recipe here...

Didn't know if the pizza will turn out well... I just gave it a go... tried my hands on baking my favourite pizza... from scratch...

As I rolled the dough, many thoughts ran through my mind... "will it be a flop?"... "will I end up having to throw my bake away?"... "what will we eat for dinner if the pizza turn out inedible?"... just too many questions... you can imagine how apprehensive I was about making my own pizza *grin*

Anyways, everything turned out well... the dough rise as it should... and I followed the recipe extremely closely... but towards the end, guess I was too anxious to send it in to bake, I've missed keeping the pizza in a warm place for 15mins before baking arrghhh!!!

I was like, working on plan B already... what should I cook for Tim, what's my alternative meal plan this evening...etc etc etc...

At the end of the day, the pizza turned out well... not as I've expected (ie. a flop)... it tasted YUMMY!!! I can't help but wallop 3 big slices of it immediately... *beaming mama*

Take a peek at my hawaiian pizza -
Here's a glimpse of the pizza before it was baked... as advised by the Happy Home Baker, it's important to spread 2 layers of cheese (one layer after the pasta sauce is spread; the other layer to be spread after the toppings have been spread)... and be extra generous with the spreading of the pasta sauce & cheese... it sure made the pizza taste better...oooh yummy yummy yummy... *salivate*

16 comments:

mamaseah said...

wahh ur pizza looks so professionally done and i am sure it taste as yummy as it looks. good job!

Michelle said...

Haha! I was going to make this pizza this week too, since hubby is out of town for biz. Does Tim like to eat pizza? Cayden is still not too keen on pizza. Think he is too lazy to chew!

Leng Leng said...

Your pizza looks delicious. Hawaiian pizza is Sarah's fav. Think I will try your recipe.

mamabliss said...

Thanks Ivy... it sure tasted good... I think the recipe was good that's why... ;) do give it a try... it's so fun baking pizza!

mamabliss said...

Hi Michelle, ooh great! Great minds think alike... I fed Tim after cutting the pizza into smaller pieces... that way it's easier for me ie. don't require so much time to make him finish the food wahahaha ;P

mamabliss said...

Hi Leng Leng...great... try the recipe by Happy Home Baker... it's really easy ;)

Happy Homebaker said...

Hi Mamabliss, your pizza looks great!! You dont have to worry about not letting the pizza proof for another 15mins before baking...coz it will just affect the crust slightly (the crust will be more puff up that's all.) Although making pizza can be quite time consuming, but I find that it's a good change from the usual noodles, porridge, rice kind of meals for my kids...and they love it!

Celestial Dweller said...

wow looks yummy and tempting. *drools*

Sue said...

Wow..the pizza looks real good like from the shop...great taste I bet!

Linda said...

Wow...your home made pizza looks really yummy! I love Hawaiian pizza, it's probaly my favorite. You did an amazing job!

fannie said...

yummy! u are making me sooo hungry already!

Joyce Long said...

Wow makes me mouth watering..Mamabliss..envy you..you are such a wonderful chef. You family members are so lucky to have you..

mamabliss said...

Hi Happy HomeBaker, thanks so much for visiting... oh thanks for reassuring me that it's alright not to proof the pizza for 15mins Phew!!! yes, indeed the fun goes into the preparation of it actually, I don't mind the time invested on making the pizza from scratch... and you are definitely right that it's a good change from the usual rice, noodles staples... ;)

mamabliss said...

Hi hi, Celestial Dweller, Sue, Linda, Fannie & Joyce...

THANKS so much for your compliments ;) I'll definitely hope to share more of my bakes and the recipes I've obtained from with all of you in future *grin*

Priscilla said...

Oh yummmmm, honestly nothing beats the dough you do yourself, it taste exceptionally fresh!

Dawn said...

I just thought I'd share my favourite pizza dough recipe. If you like garlic, basil and oregano you'll like this and it's a bread machine recipe so it's easy.

I cup of warm water
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1 tsp garlic

Just add to your bread machine in that order and set to 'dough' cycle.When it's done, make you pizza.

The other great thing about this recipe is the way your house smells while it's in the bread machine! :)