Friday, March 28, 2008

Herb & Walnut Bread

Today I've baked a new loaf of bread... it's a recipe I've not tried before... but the end product was satisfactory... love every minute of it when the fresh aroma of the herbs was floating in the air of my kitchen... *sigh of contentment*

It tasted great as the fragrance of the herbs and the crunchiness that came from the walnut made the bread really tasty... do try it if you have a breadmaker... :)

Here's the recipe... I modified the original recipe as I don't have Oregano in my kitchen... I substituted that with mixed herbs instead...

Ingredients -
150ml milk
60ml water
30ml extra virgin olive oil
325gm white bread flour
40gm rolled oats
40gm chopped walnut
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1tsp mixed herbs
1tsp basil (I used dried basil)
1tsp salt
1.5tsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp fast acting yeast

Put the ingredients into the bread maker in the above order, if your machine specify that the yeast is to be placed in the pan first, reverse the order in which you add the liquid and dry ingredients.

Set the bread machine to the basic/normal setting, medium crust & press start.

2 comments:

4MalMal said...

I am so so tempted to get a bread maker by looking at all the bread you make. I shall do it when I am back in spore! I always love focaccia bread, with all the herbs and the fragrant. But I sort of give up making bread cos I did it the manual way the last time and it was alot alot of HARD work! worse when they didn't turn out nice and soft!

Mama Bliss said...

hi rachel... focaccia bread is nice... ya hand make breads are always a lot of hard work... it'll be fun to own a breadmaker ;)