Tuesday, February 05, 2008

This week...

This week, I decided to start Joyce on solids... it's not exactly her first taste of solid as I've tried giving her some apples previously but she didn't really know how to swallow the food properly... so I stopped for a while... till yesterday... I steam and pureed some pears for her... she loved it!

Today, I fed her with some rice cereal... she was so happy kicking and smiling away while eating... *smile*... that's Joyce's new milestone achieved... *blissful*

***********************************

This week, has been a challenging week for me with Timothy... he's been extremely cranky... throwing tantrums at the slightest thing... he'll bawl, cry and roll on the floor...refusing to take instructions and want things HIS way... I gave him some lee-way yesterday, as he was a little under the weather (down with flu - fever, runny nose and cough)...but today... I can't swallow his temper tantrums and defiance anymore...

He had his first time-out today. I made him sit at a corner in his bedroom... he ran out of his room the first time and I walked him back to his room and made him sit down again. He was crying and screaming away in his bedroom...while I walked away and counted down the minutes... I returned to him 2 mins after I left him... and explained to him what he has done was undesirable... he was full of tears and wanted me to hug him... awww...

I must say, it was hard to stay away while hearing him cry away... but it's a deed that must be done... sigh...

I hope tomorrow will be a easier day for us...

No comments: