Friday, February 08, 2008

This is our Lunar New Year...

It's been 2 years since we (really) celebrated Lunar New Year... as there were major events during the past two years to which it was not appropriate for us to celebrate the festive season...

So this year... it's the FIRST Lunar New Year for both the kiddos... I was anticipating this festive hols with a tinge of excitement as I haven't caught up with my relatives for over 2 years... and it's good that we are able to touch base and do some 'ketchup'...Like any other year... what is Lunar New Year without FOOD... so it's a season of FEASTING and we can put off the weight-loss program till 15 days later... *grin*

I ate so much new year goodies that I got gastric pains (you get the picture)... that's MAD feasting...I guess the happiest person in this season is none other than Timothy... he is one power-pack energizer bunny... for 2 days flat he didn't take any naps and was just busy running up and down *faint*Our little Missy was just busy looking around and being the centre of attraction *smile*... that usually comes being the youngest in the crowd (I guess)...

While it's tiring, I enjoyed the gathering of families and friends together... afterall it's only this time of the year that we do the MOST house visitation... ;)

4 comments:

InspiredMumof2 said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai! Your little ones are so adorable! I guess kids are like that, the chinese new year mood is in, thats why they are super active haha. Same time with my kids too :-D

LZmommy said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai! :) It is a wonderful time to catch up with the rest.

Wow! I saw a few new recipes :) Will try it out. Thanks for sharing :)

J@n!ce said...

I agree that its only once in a year that we get to visit our relatives home. Joyce is really adorable :)

HAPPY CNY to you & your family :)

mamabliss said...

Hi Inspiredmumof2, ya manz... sometimes I wish they could slow down and sit still for just 1 minute hehehe... if only...

hello LZMommy, thanks for the greeting... same goes to you too... hehehe glad you find my recipes interesting ;)

Hihi Janice, thanks for the compliment on Little Missy... when she's not crying or fussing, she's really quite adorable... heh heh