Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Busy-Busy-Busy

Busy is an understatement... I can't even point a finger at what I've been busy with the past week besides the Lunar New Year... didn't imagine being a SAHM could be this busy for me *tired* It seemed like a bat of an eyelid and it's already mid-week... gosh...

Anyways, I have so much to update that I don't know where to begin...lets just begin with the kids... since 90% of my waking hours is spent with them...
Timothy - I really thank God that I'm able to stay home... as I've noticed in a very definite way that Tim has become a lot more conscious and is aware of a lot more things since the beginning of this year. It seemed like a switch has been turned on somewhere and he is absorbing so fast that in many occasions he surprised both hubby and me...

Last evening, he wanted to share my dinner and insisted on using my spoon... when I told him that the spoon was too big for him... he walked off to the kitchen and came back with his personal spoon (one which was smaller)... both hubby and I just exchanged glances at each other and gave each other the "where did he learn that from" look...

This is really the critical period to be giving Tim most of my attention... as Montessori said it... it's the first 3 years where the foundation of the child's personality is being laid... there's no better time than now to guide and properly lead Timothy...

As far as possible, both hubby and I try to allow Tim the space to 'solve' his own problem...and freedom to build his independence... I've encountered over countless occasions trying to refrain from helping him... it's just so natural that I want to lift out my hand to help him but I just bite my lip as I watch him try to solve his own problems, eg. putting on & taking off his shoes, wearing and taking off his pants...etc...

Everyday, and every opportunity within or outside of the house is a good teaching & learning platform to this little chap... as I've discovered over the past month. Every time we are out at the wet market, on the bus or in the park or anywhere that we may be at, I'd usually talk and describe to him things that are around us and he just absorb like a sponge... I wouldn't have the opportunity to teach him so closely if I were a full-time working mum... and I'm happy with Tim's progress thus far... :)Joyce is growing very well and I'm grateful for that... however, she's still regurgitating quite a bit though it's less of milk but more of saliva and undigested milk remnants (oops sorry for being so explicit there)... I guess, it's because of this that she fusses A LOT during the day *exhausted*... we've tried changing her milk formula to another brand and have bought Dr Brown's milk bottle since... still she's FUSSY *faint* and sometimes, she'll scream and cry with shrills...and no amount of consoling is enough to make her stop until she tires herself out... it's quite scary... wonder what's wrong with her...

On the whole, motherhood or rather being a SAHM is an extremely demanding job... working 24/7 literally and having to juggle between 2 young kids is no mean feat. I must confess, I get flustered and frustrated sometimes because it's so EXTREMELY tiring... for the record, Joyce still wakes up once every mid-night for a feed, and Timothy wakes up at 6am almost daily... hmmm...

Ask me if I regretted my decision to give up a full-time paid job, being financially independent and having all my duties as a mother being relinquished during the weekdays (which is definitely a more attractive deal), I'd still have responded "NO" without hesitation. I'd still have chosen to be a SAHM a thousand times over... *smile*... my children is and will always be my priority in life!

3 comments:

4MalMal said...

your kids are very lucky to have such a great mum. SALUTATION!

J@n!ce said...

Cheers to all the SAHM...:)

HAPPY Valentine's Day to you & your hubs :)

mamabliss said...

Hi Rachel & Janice, thanks so much!!! :)

Cheers & salute to both of you as well for taking the brave step to be a SAHM :)