Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What did we do today?

It is quite a challenge to keep a 2-yr-old fully occupied and giving him the right place to expend his power packed energy... after my first day at work as a SAHM, I've been cracking my head on how to keep this energizer bunny away from temper tantrums (and also to maintain my sanity)... it's quite tiring on both Tim and myself to have to run around the house going through countless, "No, don't do this...No don't touch that... No...No...No..." *faint*

I needed more time too to get all the Montessori materials ready to keep him focused and occupied... since my homeschool attempt has proven futile at this time (he's simply too restless to sit through all that story reading sigh...have to do the Winter Promise & BFIAR at a later time) would just adopt Montessori's practical life skills activities to help Tim learn... since he's at an age of exploring and learning to be independent...

This morning, after awaking, I prayed silently, asking God to give me the inspiration to know what to do in order to get through the entire day with the 2 kids. I've also asked for grace to keep my cool and strength to run through the brand new day of challenges... I needed LOADS of strength... and it's only my 2nd day as a SAHM!!! muahahaha

So, after checking the weather, I decided to bring the kiddos together with my helper to the Toa Payoh park. It was great to be outdoors... I could feel the sense of tranquil and serenity amidst the very busy traffic outside the park. Even though it was just a short 15-20mins stay at the park... I knew Tim had a lot of fun...as he discovered many new things along the way... 
Tim is a quiet observer... when he's at a new place he'll usually take time to observe and watch quietly before making the next move...
I'm rather happy with the visit to the park today... Tim saw terrapins & big fishes swimming in the water... saw many different plants, trees, flowers... saw a manmade waterfall... and had all the space to run around as well... 
We bumped into Mediacorp Artiste, Ivy Lee, when we arrived at the park... they were busy filming the next drama... (not sure what drama that is though)... but it was something new for Tim to discover as well... but we didn't stay long enough for Tim to observe further... anyways, my main intention of bringing Tim to the park was to get closer to nature...  :)

Will definitely bring Tim out to other parks/gardens as we go along...nature is the best place to learn... and it's definitely a better place to expend Tim's never run-out energy... *smile*

2 comments:

Vivian said...

Wow, it is so true that when those kiddos hit about 2 years old it is a whole different game! I have been struggling to keep my energetic toddler active, occupied and happy while telecommuting from home with him, and its really reaching critical levels! Nice to know you are getting out of the house- sounds heavenly!

mamabliss said...

hi vivian, thanks for dropping by my blog...

yes, getting out of the house is really good for the both of us (my son and I)... at least to keep my sanity in check otherwise I'll probably go mad before tim runs out of energy... ;)