Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mama's Day-Off

Everyone needs a break every once in a while...and I am no exception... before I turned a full-time mum, I've arranged with hubby and SIL that I'd take a day-off in a week to spend some truly ME time...doing things I want to do...catching up with friends, sip a cuppa before the telly or whatever that I fancy that day... *wink*

Today, is my OFF-DAY!!! yeah!!! I have the whole day to myself... and so after spending some really nice and quiet time with the Lord, I started the day by making a card for a church friend, who's expecting a daughter this coming April. I've prepared the gift since more than a month ago, and have been wanting to make a card for her... finally I had some time to do it today.It's really satisfying after each completion of a scrapbook project. I simply love art & craft... since childhood, it's been my favourite activity. I remember, how I'd sit in front of the TV to watch how a craft is done in one of the kids' programs. 

At lunch, I cooked myself something really simple and quick... it's like a quick-fix to a protesting tummy which just need to be filled... hehehe... yeah... I was that "busy"...
And since I've had time on my hands, it was indeed time to pamper myself a little with some vanity fair... I badly needed a pedicure... it's been 2 months since I last did a pedicure... so I pulled out all my stuff and gave myself a good treat...the DIY style of course (I am but a HDB tai-tai)... ;)
And I gave myself a face scrub and mask treatment too... *grin* 
Life is GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! I'm loving it!!!

13 comments:

LZmommy said...

Seems like you are enjoying being a HDB taitai :) And me too! But me more like an auntie... Hehehe...

It is great to have some Me time isn't it? I am looking more like a giraffe now coz I am still waiting... :)

Mamaseah said...

wow! that is a really nice card! and i love the colour of ur pedicure. i just bought 2 new colours today, wonder when i will take some time off to put them on hehehe

Aidan Monster said...

I simply adore art & craft too. Must say your finished product (the card) turned out really beautiful.

mamabliss said...

hello LZMommy, yes yes... i am enjoying my hdb taitai life now ;) ask your hubby to jaga the kids for one day while you take some ME time hehehe...

arlow Ivy, ya i love the nail colour too...got it from Guardian... some unknown brand... cheap and good! ya, i totally know what you mean... as in when will you hv the time...cos it took me 2mths before i found sometime to do my pedicure too :S

hiya agnes... thanks for dropping by... maybe next time we can organise a scrapbook party teehehe and do some nice art & craft to our hearts content

Eva said...

Hi there thanks for dropping by my blog.I'm newly turn SAHM too and I'm so impress bout ur homeschooling blog which I hope I can do so for my girl who's 3 yrs +.How can I get in touch wif u?do u have msn?my msn llceva@hotmail.com

Nice to meet u!

fannie said...

wow...u seem to enjoy ur taitai life alot yah? I love the marine mud mask frm nuskin...it's so deep cleasing that it draws out all my impurities...then again, im a lazy person...used it during emergencies. keke

Priscilla said...

It's very wise of you to set aside some ME time for yourself once a week. It's vital for many SAHM and it gives you q break and different perspective. Keep it up, your days as a SAHM look really positive!

mamabliss said...

Hi Eva, thanks so much for dropping by my blog... please to meet you too... ;) I've included you into my contact list in MSN Msgr... hope to catch up with you soon... :)

Hihi Fannie, I've been looking forward to being a HDB taitai for a looooooong time...so now it's a dream come true... so must enjoy it as much as possible wahahaha ya i'm also a very lazy person which is why the Epoch mask have been bought for a while now and it's only the 2nd time I've used since I got it... bleah

Hey hi Priscilla... thanks for visiting my blog... thanks for your well wishes of my being a SAHM ;)

mommyjos said...

oh, your activities makes me drool! envy envy :)
Its good to give yourself some 'treats' now and then! :)

Sweetpea said...

wow, lovely card. i wish i have such creative ideas and time :)

J@n!ce said...

How nice to have some time to do your own stuff right. You really deserve those quiet moments. keep it up. I love your handmade card :)

Btw, hope to know you better.

Can u drop me a mail/msn at softboxes@hotmail.com?

Gabby Momma said...

It's GREAT to have some ME time. I enjoyed that too! Nice card!

mamabliss said...

Hi Josephine... don't envy lah... me only a HDB tai-tai...not the rich type where I don't have to do anything just go high tea and shopping everyday...wahahaha...

Hello Sweetpea... me no creative also, just do a lot of 'copy' work... do what others have done before... ;P

Hi Janice, I've added you into my contact list in MSN :)

Hilo Gabby Momma, yeah it's always nice to have your own free time isn't it? *smile* thanks for your compliments on the card ;)