Thursday, December 20, 2007

THANK GOD FOR THE (MIS)ADVENTURE(S)

**Warning - LONG POST**

How adventurous can our mundane life get, you might wonder...

Amidst the hustle & bustle of our everyday life... we hardly meet with anything that's as adventurous as I could quite remember... today... we met with not just one but TWO adventures (or misadventures?)...

We were on the way back from a Christmas party this afternoon... while travelling along the PIE... we MET with an ACCIDENT... (well almost...). Being on lane 1 (extreme right lane) of the express way... we were travelling at 80kmph and we were approximately 3-4 car lengths behind the car in front... the car in front of ours collided into the next car. Hubby had to jam his brake to the max, with a badly jerking car skidding along the wet road... we missed the car in front by a matter of millimeters...cos hubby was JUST ON TIME to shift the car to the left slightly (thank goodness, there were no cars that ran into ours from behind or from the left)... that was really a close shave...cos ALL OF US (yes, Timothy, Joyce, our helper, hubby & I) were all in the car!!! I was in complete shock... all that ran through my mind was... THANK YOU, O DEAR LORD!!!

What else could happen to us after that 'THRILLING' experience in the afternoon right? I guess, adventures don't just come once in a day???... *bleah* 

We were just a few steps away from our door, when our set of keys DROPPED in between the gap of the lift....taking a 17 storeys PLUNGE down... *arrgghhh* that was our only set of keys we carried this evening... can you beat that???

And so, we went around on a WILD GOOSE CHASE to hunt for our spare set of keys... called my SIL, called my mum... we even called EMU (yeah we were DESPERATE cos we have an infant and a toddler on tow and it's way past their bedtime)... the EMU guys were fast... they came in 5mins after our call... ALAS we could only retrieve the key to the main door... while we had to resort to calling the locksmith to come pick our own padlock... *faint*

BUT we didn't even use the service of the locksmith in the end... cos with the main door key, hubby, with his most brilliant 'IMPROVISING' skills (by using an umbrella + a shoe lace + a broom stick)... managed to hook my handbag out of the gate and retrieve my set of keys... HALLEILUJAH!!! And after 1 hour of calling+waiting & feeling exasperated we managed to step into our own home *sigh of relief*

I'm just completely THANKFUL that we are still alive... and we can come back to our own home at the end of the day... doesn't matter the adventures or misadventures... I'm just grateful everything is alright now... 

TWO lessons we learnt today... 
1) make sure we are all SECURELY FASTENED on our seats while travelling on the road (that includes the children)...

2) ALWAYS CARRY more than 1 set of keys out of the house...and never take the keys out until we are at our door...

6 comments:

fannie said...

A timely reminder...

1) Fastening...The seat belts were making my growing belly uncomfy and i cheated a few times by not fastening :x I shall do so from my next ride onwards.

2) whenever I am out with Hubby, we only carry HIS set of keys! Well...I am lazy. Next time, I shall bring mine along too!

Thank goodness all of u were fine and well...

Vyvy said...

wow near miss sounded scary, thank god all of u r alright! Must be a traumatizing day for all of u.

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Fannie, yah...must be more vigilant and not take it for granted anymore... we had a real adventure... *faint*

Hi Ivy, ya manz... it was really quite a long and traumatizing day for us ytd... :P

Wenz 宛仟 & Denz 浩安 said...

Ur misadventures really sound thrill and exciting. Thank god all of u r alright. Takecare!!

Dawn Ling said...

Wow..my heart beat faster when I was reading this entry because I have been in an accident where the same thing happened. I jam break and missed the front car but the silly car from behind hit me. I was all alone somemore..so scary. Sigh.

And about the key thingy. I have always feared that it would happen to me everytime I enter or exit the lift when I see the opening. I always wonder if I would ever drop my keys because I always take out my keys from my bag when i exit the lift to my house. So I saw that as a possibility. So sorry that happened to you. Glad all is well now.

Thank God

jean said...

Praise the Lord that all of you are safe and sound.. It was truly an adventure to go through in a day.

God is good, isn't He? :)