Thursday, December 20, 2007

Decadent Birthday Cake

Tim's 2nd birthday is just round the corner...and we plan to celebrate this day on the 30th Dec (the same day we did last year)... :) hubby said to bake Tim a cake this year since it's going to be a small family affair... 

Today I tried baking brownies (for the very first time)... and it turned out WELL... (my head is swelling)... teehehehe... I've heard lots of stories of how difficult it is to bake brownies well as most of the time the cake turns out too hard and dry inside... so with a little apprehension, I just gave it a try...
To my surprise... the brownie was nice and moist in the centre... *beaming mama* So, it's been decided, I shall bake Tim the brownie for his coming birthday party...

The recipe was taken from here if you'd like to give it a try... it's really EASY PEASY...

2 comments:

Vyvy said...

well done! so far my baking attempts hor all not so successful one...

Mama Bliss said...

*curtsy* thank you Ivy... me just bake based on agaration... i think the timing of baking cakes is quite crucial... too long the cakes turn out hard... too short the cakes turn out soggy... but practice makes perfect yah!!!