Sunday, October 14, 2007

You're Magnificent

“I saw the Lord sitting on a throne high and lifted up” – Isaiah 6:1

Face to face! O blissful moment!
Face to face – to see and know;
Face to face with my Redeemer
Jesus Christ who loves me so…

Today, I’ve been touched by God once again… it’s been a challenging past year… since August last year, both hubby and I have been praying about a situation we’ve in our lives… and for the past year, I must say, it was a real big test to our faith… for we simply couldn’t see light at the end of the tunnel…and I must admit, my faith was dwindling, diminishing, ‘disintegrating’…and I could feel that I was beginning to drift apart from our Lord as I can’t even pray with conviction and I prayed with doubt…

While a lot of times, I could hear God ‘speaking’ to me directly through His Word, through the messages from the church services or even through sharing by fellow Christians; though I said to our Lord that I’ll believe, trust, hold onto His promises… but secretly I doubted His goodness and what He has promised because it’s been a year and nothing seemed to have changed a bit…my patience and faith is running out…

All we had was one after another disappointments… it was quite hard to bear I must admit… many times I cried out to our Lord and questioned with anger “WHY”… but I was met with more messages on “Trust – have faith – I am with you – do not fear – I will provide”… and was reminded many times of the goodness of God in my past years… and so I took that as a message to “Wait”… but for how long more? Fear, anger, disappointments just filled me… (I am but human afterall)…

However, of late, we are beginning to see light… and the burden seemed to have uplifted by a notch… slowly but surely we are seeing God’s promises unfolding before us… and I could as if hear God saying to me “Oh ye of little faith”… but without a doubt now, God is certainly working in and through us… we are hearten and once again our faith has been renewed… for we have a good God… His word says “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand” – Isaiah 41:10.

My devotion today led me to feel that my problems and my fears are so insignificant…because we have an awesome, sovereign God who could move mountains… why then do I focus on the mountain (ie. Problems) and not the mountain mover (ie. Problem solver)?... After my devotion, the song “Magnificent” – by Hillsongs, just popped up in my head and I can't help but to worship my King singing and praising Him!…Check out the video here

I was deeply touched by our Lord once again…for He is good all the time! Praise our Lord!

3 comments:

Dawn Ling said...

I am happy for you that your faith has been renewed and you are holding on to God's promises. If you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to email me ok? Will be praying for u

Mama Bliss said...

Thanks dear... fellowship and encouragement is what I needed... thanks for extending that to me dear sister... and thanks very much for your prayers... would need a lot of that too... *smile*

Anonymous said...

Hi Mama Bliss,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and expereince... I too doubted it and do not feel like going to church recently. Will keep your advise in mind... Patience..and hope God will renew my spirit soon...

Ling