Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Something about Timothy...

Timothy is about 22 months old now... haven't been keeping a lot of updates on his developments lately as I have been rather busy with a new baby... but this morning, he amused both hubby and I with a pleasant surprise...

As I've been in the kitchen quite a bit during the day these past months, this little lad must have been observing me very closely at what I do in the kitchen daily...With a combination of his toys he came up with this imaginative play... making the toy castle as the stove, and the plastic container to be the pot and the golf club as the laddle... we were surprise because none of us at home taught him to do that... interesting isn't it?

Come Year 2008, when I am officially a SAHM, I'll engage him in more learning with a proper structure of a homeschooling curriculum... for now, I'll just allow him to free play all the way... his hunger for learning is too great for me to miss it... hopefully he'll be able to give me longer spans of concentration when I homeschool him... ;) am praying hard for God's divine help in this area...

*******************************
Tim has his funny antics too... he loves to EAT... you may wonder (we're wondering too) where has all the food gone to...given that he's so lean. Very often while we are in the kitchen he'll point to the fridge/cupboards/shelves where the food are and he'll sign to us that he wants to eat...

Just yesterday, I gave him a slice of bread with cheese spread... and here's what happens when you have no time to supervise your child while he's eating on his own... *grin*The food is on the floor, and the cheese spread is all over his face... *faint*

3 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Wow.. Tim is sure creative there!

Mama Bliss said...

ya Yvonne, we were pleasantly surprised by what tim did... :) hehe

Vyvy said...

haha a little chef in the making. How fortunate that Tim has good appetite!! Mine always refuse to eat :(