Saturday, October 13, 2007

Recently about Joyce...

The situation with Joyce's regurgitation didn't seem to improve very much since my last entry... she's still spitting a lot of milk after each feed... and she cries a lot too... sigh... just yesterday, I was literally carrying her the entire day... as she refused to be put in the cradle and didn't want to lie on her cot... I was at my wits' end... I simply carried her whenever she cries... *flustered mama*
She used to take the pacifier quite well, but yesterday was the ultimate... she just wasn't up to anything except for me to carry her... so you can imagine how exhausted I was...

I'm however, very grateful that hubby was very understanding and ever ready to help... when he stepped into the house last evening, he took over the caring of Joyce (in spite of him feeling tired after a day's long work)... he carried her the entire night, fed her and try to calm her when she cried... he even asked me to wake him up when Joyce cries for her mid-night feed...

For the record, this was one of the many mid-night feeds hubby did...


I am truly very happy that hubby never fails to exhibit his love for us (the 2 kids and me)... by always being very hands on with the children... THANK YOU DARLING...for speaking my love language (ie. "acts of service"), I feel so loved!!! *mama in bliss*

3 comments:

Dawn Ling said...

am in the same boat as you about the crying. But I was just wondering if Timothy was the same? Could you rem what happened when he was that young?

Mama Bliss said...

hi dawn... yes, Tim did cry quite a bit from his second month onwards but not as bad as Joyce... my guess is at this stage their tummies are still not very well developed and therefore they are rather colicky... I remember from the 4th-5th month onwards it was much easier for us to care for Tim... so we'll just have to ride through this period with them... it's part of their growing up I guess...

Wenz 宛仟 & Denz 浩安 said...

hubby's help is indeed means lots to us esp if we r feeling exhausted. Glad that u r coping well so far despite joyce's problem. Hang on there....things will get better.

Wenz is oso lidat but luckily Denz is better than Wenz in terms of milk drinking issue. I'm sure ur problem will be solved soon. Get some rest else you wun have energy to take care of both kiddos.