Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Childhood Lurve...

This is one dessert that I LURRRRVVVEEE.... since I was a little girl, my mum used to make this dessert only on birthdays and special occasions... as it requires quite a bit of work...

Nowadays, everything is available in the market...as long as there's a demand, there'll be a supply... teehehehe... I mean the coconut milk, could be bought freshly squeezed from the wet market.

After making this dessert, and as I took the first bite of the jelly, oooh-la-la... nostalgia just floods in my heart... it's a simple dessert, but I guess it's the childhood memories that added to the flavour ;)

I'll post the recipe on my kitchenette blog soon...Remember to get the jelly powder that is clear (ie. no pre-mix colourings)This is the fun part where food colourings are used to brighten the look of the jelly.
Pour the clear jelly mixture into a container and wait for it to cool and harden.

After the jelly has cooled and hardened, cut them into smaller pieces and chill them in the fridge. This way, you could save more space in the fridge than placing the jelly molds right into it.

3 comments:

Dawn Ling said...

ooo..i love agar agar! can teach me how to make?? step by step?

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Dawn... I will definitely post the recipe + steps to make agar agar in my kitchenette blog... but first let me get around with this new iMac first... am very alien to all the softwares and commands... pls bear with me ya... ;P

Giselle said...

Looks yummy, my grandma used to tell mum ,to achieve the best result it is advisable to use rock sugar .