Saturday, September 08, 2007

Weekend Random Post

It's the weekend again... I remember how I look forward to the weekends when I was at work because I could spend more time with Tim... but now that I'm on maternity leave, I still look forward to the weekends... cos that's the time I could steal some breather as hubby will be home to help look after the 2 kids... muahahaha...

So, what did we do today? hmmm... I've done something very therapeutic...and something I've been dying to do... YES... BAKE!!! *grin*... FINALLY!!! I could bake... though it was no mean feat... but it was good... I mean the cookies turned out well (chest beating)...YAAY!!!We noticed Tim clutching his crotch occasionally these days... and I even saw him standing up and squatting down (seemed very restless) when the maid took out his diaper and was ready to give him a shower and then later on laughed as he start pee-ing... are these tell tale signs that he's ready to be potty train?

Hubby and I discussed about potty training him... and my mum and Tim's nanny has been urging us to start potty training Tim... hmmm... hence, hubby bought a kiddo toilet seat and tried to potty train Tim today... it's quite an 'interesting' scene... hehehe...

As you may be able to tell, we are really very lost when it comes to potty training...
I love to put my finger in little baby's palm... cos their reflex action of gripping onto my finger intrigues me all the time... Joyce's little hand is sooooo cute and dainty... and her hand appears tiny on my thumb... am sure I'll miss all these little moments as she grows bigger... better to keep a record of all these so that I could reminisce in time to come...

Been wanting to blog about this for a while... this is a baby's prickly heat powder... I must say it does WONDERS... we were introduced to this powder when Tim had a bout of serious rash problem on his neck, when he was an infant. There isn't anything fancy about this powder, even the packaging was unappealing... we were naturally skeptical about the efficacy of the product as we've NEVER heard of this powder before... but after a few application Tim's rashes had subsided... since then, we use this powder regularly on Tim and now on Joyce as well...

It's worth a try, and it's rather affordable too... the powder has a pleasant smell.. the product is available at most chinese medical hall.

2 comments:

Dawn Ling said...

haha..i just read your post and the first paragraph is the same as mine..same exact thots about taking a breather on weekends! so funny when I was reading it

Mom to Angels said...

great to bake sometimes! good start.

potty train is an art, i tell ya. it's quite frustrating sometimes when the kiddo wet the pants, esp at the wrong places, eg on the sofa or bed. that's part & parcel of growing up.

yes, the moment of holding little baby's grip is a special one. good that u took the shot. it's such a wonderful time. even now raeyen is past 2, i still like to hold his little hand when he is asleep and smell his little fingers and toes.