Thursday, September 06, 2007

My Two Kids...

It's such a privilege to be a mother... though there are times when I wished I could sleep a little more, have a little more time to myself... it's still a joy being able to spend more one-on-one time with my children... witnessing their milestones and to be there to laugh with them and to comfort them when they needed me... *sigh of contentment*

Whenever I look at Tim smiling at me or whenever he come running to me for a hug or to carry him... my heart tells me, all the time and love I've given to him was all well worth it. Although it's challenging to be running around with him but that's part and parcel of growing... not just Tim is growing, but I am too. I'm learning & growing to be a better mum everyday.

Sometimes, I would wonder, how did I come this far with Tim... from the day that I expected him till he's now 20 months old... it's not a long time, neither is it short... he's all so grown up now... compared to the day that we brought him home from the NICU of Mt Alvernia hospital. I could only attribute to God's grace, love and mercies to have seen me through all the ups & downs in my journey in motherhood.

All's well when I witness how Joyce is growing so well... the jaundice level seems to have gone down... now that she's not as 'yellowish' as the past weeks. She's been feeding quite well too... drinking 90ml - 120ml of milk each feed. She's rather alert when she's awake... craning her neck from left to right and staring intensely at the light source. She loves it when we talk to her... she'll usually stare at our face for a long time as we talk to her...

In the next few weeks, I hope to start reading to her just like what I've done when Tim turned 1 month old previously. That's the beginning of my journey of 'home learning' with Joyce for the start.

Life couldn't be better... Motherhood is a wonderful experience... ;)

5 comments:

jan said...

Glad to hear that everything's well.....

Give yourself a couple of months, once you get the hang of things....things will be easier....you could also probably get more sleep and rest....

Dawn Ling said...

yep i agree with u that it is all worth it. Def with God's grace, He will pull us through and give us the strength and wisdom to take care of our babies. *wink*

Wenzel 宛仟 said...

Hi Pauline,

Little Joyce looks so much like you in this photo posted. Guess u will feel 'fairer' now as Tim looks like dad and Joyce looks like mom, kekeke. :)

Glad to hear that everything's well. Do takecare, enjoy and relax more while u can before going back to work.

Mama Bliss said...

Thanks Jan...sure am looking forward to the day that Joyce could sleep throughout the night without the midnight feeds... *crossing fingers tight tight*

Hi Dawn, indeed, by God's grace He'd strengthened us to do all things... ;)

Hey Irene, thanks so much... yes yes yes... am so HAPPY Joyce looks more like me... you were right... it's 'fair' now teehehe... hey you take care too ya... now that Junior will be out anytime...

WokkingMum said...

I too think Joyce look so much like you here! And she has very pretty eyes!!