Thursday, September 20, 2007

How is it for a First Attempt?

It's one of the rare afternoons that both the maid and I had time to do something out of the day-to-day ordinary... *smile*...

While the kiddos were asleep... I quickly tried my hands on baking some cupcakes... something that I've wanted to do for a while... all the ingredients were bought more than 3 weeks ago...

Finally... I busy-ed myself in the kitchen working on the cupcakes while the maid help me out on the cleaning and washing...she was also a keen learner... so we experimented the icing on the cupcakes together... wahahaha... it's quite a funny attempt - I mean piping the icing on the cupcakes... it doesn't seem as easy as it looks... hiaks!~

Not a fantastic outcome but it's the process that matters...It wasn't too difficult to bake the cupcakes... but the piping was a bit of a challenge...and as it turns out... it's far too SWEEEEEEET.... *faint* oh well... so much for a first attempt... ;)

7 comments:

LZmommy said...

I think it looks good for a 1st timer :) It is nice to spend time alone to do what you want to do, isn't it? :)

fannie said...

yummy! Icings are sweet aren't they? Mine too...reducing the icing sugar won't do much trick either...

Vyvy said...

don't look too bad!

B@bYh|r0Sh| said...

pretty cupcakes....

jean said...

HI ladies, reducing icing is good but you must also substitute the reduced half with the snow powder. That would help.

Meaning, 1 cup icing sugar = half cup icing sugar and half cup snow powder (this to make it to 1 cup icing sugar). Or 1/4 cup icing sugar and 3/4 cup snow powder.

That is usually what I do and it taste really good...my MIL and my mom who doesn't like sweetness said it's good... try it and let me know what you think.. tks :)

Happy baking!

Mama Bliss said...

OOOHHH!!! Wonderful... thanks all blogging mummies for your comments, encouragement and tip... will certainly try your method Jean... am hooked onto cupcake baking now teehehe ;P

Sue said...

Hi! The cupcake looks real good...just blog hopping..