Friday, September 14, 2007

Fussy Baby - Tired Mummy

Joyce has been acting up quite a bit the past few weeks... poor baby... she's been having stomach wind and has also been regurgitating quite a lot too... just today, she regurgitated after every feed (almost)... causing the couch in the living room to be soiled with her milk stains... sigh...and I had to change her t-shirt/bodysuit 3 times today cos her body smell like some fermented milk eewww....

We try to alleviate Joyce after each feed and try not to put her flat onto the bed for at least an hour, lest she regurgitates... so this is what we've done to 'improvise' on the alleviation wahahaha

During Tim's time I remember how flustered I was... because Tim regurgitated so much milk, and was constantly constipated, I demanded to have his milk powder changed to HA milk/Soy base Milk... and I have his milk powder changed from Friso to Enfalac HA to Enfalac (Soy base) to Similac and back to Enfalac then finally back to Similac... recounting the experience I think, I must be MAD... scary how I over-reacted to what seemed very normal in every infant ie. regurgitation and constipation *faint*

This time, being a second time parent... I feel I'm more calm in handling the baby (or at least I'd like to think so)... as I can't decipher what Joyce needs each time she cries, I'll just trial and error everything I could think of under each circumstance... I'll usually check the diaper, rub the Ruyi oil on her tummy, swaddle her, give her milk/water, play baroque music on the background... and the last resort was to give her the all important to mothers' gripe water.I must say, the gripe water worked very well on Joyce... but as she's still very young, we limit her gripe water in-take to twice a day, although the instructions said that infants could take not more than 4 times a day. Each time she's given the gripe water, she could sleep very well without fussing...

I'm just hoping that this phase will past soon...sometimes it's quite heart breaking to see her in pain and I couldn't do much to help other than to carry her all day long to make her feel better...

7 comments:

Giselle said...

How about adding drops of Rid winds
into the milk? My PD used to give that, which is safe for infant

Wenzel 宛仟 said...

I saw ur Gripe water then reminded me I hvn buy it. Oops!! Think will have to get it fast tmr.

This is quite a common phase. U must hang and get plenty rest. With the full-recharged body then u can handle the situation better. Takecare!!

MommytoMeia said...

Looking at joyce reminds me of how i propped meia up when she was young. Hey Max has lotsa wind too I use infacol.

Dawn Ling said...

my baby didnt like Gripe water cos it got so kind of strong smell which I didnt like either. So, infacol works well with my baby. Yes, mine regurgitate lots too..no worries!

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Giselle, that's what I did... adding the gripe water into Joyce's milk... :)

Arlow Irene... yeah... better stock it up soon... it's really useful hehe

Hi May & Dawn, yes, hubby bought Infacol too... but we just started using Gripe Water...so will move onto Infacol after the Gripe water is finished... I've heard many good feedback about Infacol too ;)

Yeah, just can't wait for this phase to be over... cos it's quite heart wrenching to see the little one in pain...sigh

fannie said...

i hope everything is fine by now :) Gripe water has been useful for me when Ethyl is an infant :) And i like the taste too :x

MamaTang said...

Hope everything would get pass soon for you.