Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bubble Time Fun

One of the struggles I have encountered of late as a TSAHM is... running out of ideas to keep the tot well occupied... I am against planting the little tyke in front of the TV whole day long... although I do admit that it's sometimes rather convenient... (I steal at least 20mins of respite, each time Tim is watching the Sesame Street VCD)... as Tim sits quietly watching what's going on I could catch up on my quiet time reading the 'Our Daily Bread' and quick prayer, or I could have a quick bite on my breakfast...

It's not easy balancing the needs of two young children... especially one who is extremely active and mobile... while the other requires more of my attention...

Today I have a fussing Timothy... running amok in the house... causing both the maid and myself extreme exhaustion... the immediate thought that came to my mind was, I desperately need to find something interesting to keep Tim calm and it has to be fun as well...

Recalled I have a bottle of bubble soap in my kitchen cabinet somewhere... decided to just give this a try... asked the maid to blow the bubbles at the corridor... PHEW... it kept him occupied for at least 15minutes...

And then to my surprise, I've captured some rather nice pictures of Tim in the event of this bubble play... ;) they are fluke shots... but I like'em kekeke... this time hubby won't comment that I always take pictures with no depth and no story... hiaks~
Tim eyeing on one of the bubbles...

Fly away bubbles...

5 comments:

fannie said...

the last pic tells me he enjoyed so much!

Maybe u can allow him to doodle...that took ethyl a good 30 mins at least when i need a wink ;)

mamahomeschool said...

thanks fannie for the suggestion, tom's only to keep at it for a couple of mins... sigh

Vyvy said...

i like the last pic. my best way of keeping Dec occupied is to allow him to watch his mother goose or barney VCDs and fortunately he has his favorite toys - toy cars, to keep him occupied and he can play independently with them. does Tim has any favorite toys?

catherine said...

tim looks good in every photography taken well angles.

By the way, congrat to your baby princess joyce's full month celebratin. :))

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Ivy, yeah Tim loves cars/trucks etc... been giving him such toys... hubby suggested for me to let him play on his own with me nearby doing my own things... that way we could train him to play independently and I could spend some 'me' time as well... am experimenting this now...hope it works...

Hi Catherine, thanks very very much ;)