Wednesday, July 18, 2007

4 Days, 3 Nights...

Yes, 4 Days & 3 Nights was the time I was away from home, away from my beloved hubby and son...

Nope, I was not away on holiday... given my super pregnant state... it's impossible for me to travel to anywhere for holidays now... teehehe...

I was away and all alone lying on the hospital bed of Mount Alvernia... was given the drip for 3 days... and was made to stay one extra day in the hospital for further observations...

You see, I have had a bout of early contractions... the cramps on my abdomen started early Wednesday (11th Jul) morning... when I complained to hubby that there was a nagging pain... but I brushed it off as the pain went off after a short while... cos I know at this stage Braxton Hicks will 'visit' often... but the pain got more intense after lunch at around 1pm+ as I was walking back from lunch to office... it felt as if my tummy was twisted and the menstral-like cramps was getting so intense that I almost couldn't walk back to office properly...

Called for Dr Lui immediately to seek advice... was told to go to the hospital for a CTG scan... I was nervous and trembling as I spoke to Dr Lui... I was only into the 34th week of gestation... Joyce can't be that 'eager' to come out right... it's too early... the CTG scan revealed that I have had intense contractions every 4 minutes... so I was put on the drip immediately and was given a steroid jab subsequently... and then of course I was warded... :(((

Loads of thoughts flashed through my mind at that time...as the situation felt like deja vu... I've experienced the same early contractions during Tim's time Read about it here... it was also a work day when the early contractions struck... that time I was into the 32nd week of gestation... hmmm... my kids are all eager beavers to come into this world eh?

After being discharged from the hospital, Dr Lui, gave strict orders to R.I.B (rest in bed) and not walk too much... and so I'm on hospital leave right now till end July... but Dr Lui, warned that should the next bout of contractions start, he'll not hesitate to send me for an emergency c-section... :P

8 comments:

mamamichelle said...

Poor you. I experienced the same when I was pregnant with Cayden too. At that time I was 30 weeks pregnant. Was warded, given plenty of really painful injections and was ordered total rest in bed til i was 36 weeks pregnant. Cayden was born at 36.5 weeks :)

Hang in there...

Mama Bliss said...

thanks so much Michelle for your sharing and encouragement...

ya I can definitely identify with the painful jabs... those were steroid jabs meant to boost the growth of baby's lungs...

am crossing fingers tight that I'll weather through at least another 2 wks before Joyce comes into this world... ;)

Am praying very hard now...

LZmommy said...

Oh dear! Hope Joyce will be patient to wait for another month and more. Take care ya!

Btw, I did the poll :)

Mama Bliss said...

thanks so much LZMommy... yeah hoping that Joyce would hold out for a while more...

and also thanks for doing the poll... it'll be very helpful to me... ;)

ian in boston said...

Hey rest well. Will be keeping you in prayer!

Mama Bliss said...

Thanks very much Alice ;) Prayers is what I needed most now...

jean said...

Oh Pauline, hope you are getting much better now. I will pray for you and baby joyce.

May you find strength in our Lord Jesus. And He will comfort you in taking care of you and baby.

Mama Bliss said...

Thanks so much Jean! :) am doing better now... have been resting so much in bed that i feel as if i'm an invalid already...hiaks~