Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Aww...my poor darling...


Tim is down with a bad flu... fever, nose that runs like a tap and cough... you name it, he has it all...and it was all my fault... sigh...

You see, it all began with me... I started with a bad sore throat to which I thought would just go away after I gulp down sufficient water... but NO...it didn't go away... rather it turned into a full blown flu where I had to nurse a bad sore throat, runny nose and cough... due to our close proximity, inevitably Tim has caught the bug from me...sigh...bad bad mother *slap forehead*

I should have avoided him at all cost... but I didn't... with his slightest whimper and cry I'll run to hug him/carry him to comfort him...sigh... what was I thinking about...

Anyways, brought him to the Mt Alvernia 24-hr outpatient clinic and blown away $74 on his medical bills (WOW... more expensive than my medication, price to pay for being a BAD mother) arrghh!!!

Am praying and hoping that he'll get well soon... it's been about 4 days, he's still not looking good... sigh...

8 comments:

mommyjos said...

wish you and tim a speedy recovory!
take care!

jean said...

hey... you are not a bad mother... who can resist not hugging and carrying when young tim cried. But i understand how you feel.

Take care and let Tim drinks more water to flush the virus out. I have just prayed for Tim to get well soon. Rest well ya.

Wenzel 宛仟 said...

Hey Pauline, hope u and Tim get well real soon. Mine condition din improve either cos din go c doc. I'm a stubborn mum who doesn't like visit doc.

Now Wenz oso got the flu and cough bug, dunno whether izit from me cos practically our whole hse were down with all the symptoms u named it. Perhaps gotta do with bad whether plus bad air.

Do drink plenty of H2O and get plenty rest. I'm sure Tim will get well soon. :)

Fannie said...

I can't resist hugging even when I am very sick...u are not a bad mommy just because u hugged him!

He will be well...blame the weather and the air quality that everyone is falling ill!

crazymommy said...

Hope Tim and you will get well soon. Don't blame yourself too much, ok.

By the way, if the cough is keeping him up in the night, do try the vicks vapor rub method. It does help to soothe the cough.

Wokking Mum said...

Hope Tim will get well soon. You take care too!

Mama Bliss said...

Thank you dearest mummies... as always, you're ever so encouraging and caring... ;) my heart is deeply touched...

Tim is getting better, with slight cough still but it seems like he's recovering well from the runny nose... he's been up and about running here and there as usual now... so thank goodness!

Lazyg3r said...

Get well soon, Tim! The Vicks method is good. Malc loves to have Vicks rubbed on his chest.

Malc is having flu too. Luckily I gave him medicine upon hearing his first coughs, so his flu is mild. Still having runny nose and cough once a while.

Hey, $74 is considered affordable. The last time I brought Malc to see the PD, with medicines and a session of neubalisation, it costed me $90++!! This time round, I din bring him to see the pd, instead I bought the medicines from the PD. Not cheap also leh, 3 bottles of medicine costed me $31.

Pauline, you take care too ya!