Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Journey Continues...

Pain in the Back
I'm now into my 25th week of pregnancy... technically, I'm still in my 2nd trimester (last stage of 2nd tri)... another 3 weeks I'll be entering into the last stage of the pregnancy... (oh my so fast...hmmm)

Looking back, the past 6mths (or so) has been a complete breeze (yes, I know I've said this before...teehehe)... what I'm trying to say is... it's beginning to feel like I'm really pregnant now... as in, I could really feel the weight on my tummy...and my stomach will bloat badly if I drink too much water/soup or ate slightly more than usual... suddenly, I was so afraid the same sickly feeling when I was expecting Tim was coming back... *shiver*...

Last evening, after my shower, I experienced an extremely sharp pain on the right side of my back... it's so bad I couldn't even bend forward to try to put on my panty... I couldn't lie down on and get out of the bed properly (yeah it's that bad)... and when I sat on the bed and try to bend forward the same sharp pain arise... wonder if I have got a sprain or something...or have I been arching backwards too much due to the heavy tummy... it's extremely unbearable...arrghhh...

Hubby reminded me to slow things down from now onwards... move slowly, walk slowly, no more abrupt movements etc...geez... this one is a toughie...am so used to walking swiftly, moving quickly... running up and down from places to places... would have to be extremely conscious from now onwards...

To go for C or Natural?
Hmmm....been contemplating, thinking and pondering over this question for a while...while Dr Lui said to try for natural first... but I was thinking perhaps I should just go ahead with the C... I don't know... since Tim was delivered the C way... it will not make any big difference to go for a second round this time... at least, I know what to expect... then again, hubby said to check with Dr Lui first before making any decision...

*Sidetrack*
We've decided to name baby, Joyce... after considering Gracia and Gillian... it's been more or less settled that our new addition is going to be name Joyce... as Tim came to us as a bundle of love, we feel that Joyce will come to us as a bundle of joy... the meaning of Joyce, well, Joyous of course... teehehehe...

Back to the decision about the C procedure... Joyce, is currently in a breech position (in fact a very odd breech position), the last visit I had to Dr Lui's, he mentioned that if Joyce is still breech later he'll suggest for a C procedure on the 38th wk of gestation (that is around 2nd wk of Aug, oh my, that's exactly 3mths from now)...hmmm and so the decision is still not made yet... meantime, I'll pray about it and then have another round of talk with Dr Lui before making the final decision... :/

5 comments:

Vyvy said...

Dr Lui ahhh is good at imposing his wish on his patients. So he may persuade you out of your choice. so be prepared to argue your way out whahahha. he can be a prima donna sometimes.

Mama Bliss said...

hehehe I totally agree with you... about the prima donna part... ;P

fannie said...

i was surprised to know that he actually told you to try natural birth...hmmm...

I was so afraid if i were to have second baby, he would advise against it! Whatever it is, I hope everything will turn out well for u! :)

jean said...

HUH??? all three of you having the same gynae??? what a coincidental!!!

Glad things are well with you other than the back pain. take care ya. 3mths pass very fast!!!

Wokking Mum said...

Wow! Time flies! Will you be getting a confinement lady to help you?