Thursday, April 05, 2007

Whole String of Events...

This is going to be one of the random posts again... teehehe... lazy man's style lah...

5th month check-up at Dr Lui's
I cannot believe it, I'm already into the 5th month of my pregnancy... and it's been such a 'breeze' *touchwood* thus far... I still recall how I felt like dying everyday when I was expecting Tim... that time, I felt like I was the UGLIEST person ever lived on earth, and then my hair was in a constant mess, when I ate a bit of food I could bloat all day, I can't be bothered to do anything except to just curl up in bed and wanna die cos the morning sickness was so bad...

This time, I felt energetic, morning sickness was manageable... my hair is neatly tied up, I am more upbeat about many things... so this is cool!~ I'm enjoying my pregnancy this time... ;) This baby is much more active than Tim... move and kick a lot in my tummy...

Okie I digressed again... the checkup went well, baby is growing as per schedule... from head to buttocks baby measured 14.6cm... and Dr Lui again said he's not 100% sure of the gender...but it's likely to be a girl... YIPPIEEEE!!! Then again, even if the baby's a boy, I'm happy too... while girls are cute, boys are fun... teehehe...

Will wait for my detail scan next Thu to determine the gender of baby...so for now, we'll just take a step at a time... we've already thought of two alternative for the baby girl's name... ooooh this is so EXCITING!!!

Cooking Frenzy
I've recently been struck by the cooking frenzy again...hiaks!~ Have been very busy in the kitchen whipping up some stuff to satisfy the urge to wanna cook...

Just this morning, I prepared Laksa for us... learnt from my sis-in-law... it's rather easy, just that need to prepare a lot of ingredients... ultimately, it's still the joy and fun of putting everything together and have a taste of my own culinary skill... ;)

Pictures speak a thousand words... (let me know if anyone would like to know the ingredients/steps)Then I attempted the Rockmelon Sago dessert... it's rather easy... and hubby said it's delicious (I didn't eat it, due to the high sugar content in the fruit)...
Family Warmth
It's one of those things time starved parents would do...ie. catch up on quality time with the little one... almost every morning, while waiting for me to get ready for work, hubby will spend approximately 10mins with Tim, just playing with, talking to him... this morning I caught them in the father-son-bonding act again... thought it's time I blog this down so that Tim could see as he grows older...
Some weeks ago, I bought some hanging long-legged crawlies... that hangs down with a spring... it's cute and very colourful...thought these will intrigue Tim quite a bit...and brighten up his room a bit more...Thank goodness, he loves them... and gets very amuse when the crawlies spring up and down, so that's $$$ worth spending...

Montessori Studies
I'm into my 9th month of studies now, and I must say, I'm more and more convinced that Montessori's methods are sound... it's a little difficult for me to practice the methods now on Tim, especially when he's not consistently taken care of by myself at this time... so on the side, I could only try a bit here and a bit there along the way... till the day I could declare myself the full-time CEO of the domestic affairs at home...

I've envisioned a Montessori space to be organised for Tim's learning and exploring... we hope to apply this to our new addition as well...

I've 2 more months before I complete all the theory part of the Montessori Studies... and will probably be called up to attend the practical lessons soon... so wish me luck...

Since I've been on the Homeschool research, I've also found another method that might be appropriate to take on when Tim grows older...and that's the Charlotte Mason's methods of homeschooling... still reading up on this but it's almost similar to Montessori but much richer... ;)

For those who are keen to find out more about CM's methods of Homeschooling, check these sites out Amble Side Online, Simply Charlotte, Charlotte Mason Education.

5 comments:

Leng Leng said...

Hi Pauline,
I am into Charlotte Mason too and have decided to use it with Sarah. I am not familiar with Montessori, but one big difference between the 2 is that Charlotte Mason does not believe in creating a prepared environment for the children. She believed that they learn best from their natural environment, especially from the great outdoors. Those 3 sites you mentioned are great.
If you eventually decide to use CM, perhaps we can explore more about CM and learn from each other.

LZmommy said...

After the next chechup, probably you can start shopping for the girl girl stuffs :)
It is great to know that daddy is making effort to spend time with Tim.

Mama Bliss said...

Hi Leng Leng, GREAT!!! we could explore CM's methods together... as I read further I am quite interested to find out more about CM's ways of homeschooling... best of all CM's ways are quite biblical... that's what I like most about the method... ;) we should go meet Angie on her open house...she's really the best advocate in CM teehehe...

Hi LZMommy... thanks, am just so looking forward to all those pink, pink and flowery flowery stuff so cutesy... Steven is a doting father and a wonderful husband, I'm really very blessed...hehehe

jean said...

HI Pauline, I wanted to tell you that Leng Leng is into CM. hahah... saw that you and her have contacted so good... it's good to hv someone whom you can explore with. Much easier than on your own.

Have fun and enjoy homeschooling!

God bless you and your loved ones.

Lyndel said...

Well said.