Monday, April 23, 2007

Two weekend in One

Been extremely busy the past two weeks... with work, life, and everything else seemed to be happening at the same time... so haven't been able to update my blog... :( *exhausted*

So, am combining the happenings of the past two weekends into this blog entry...

Two Saturdays Ago

After reading Annabel Karmel's book, I've been more inspired to want to prepare more homecooked meals for Timothy during the weekend instead of resorting to the instant fast meal of cereal... even though it's a bit more troublesome and 'wasteful' (very often ended up cooking too much...still takes time and experience to gauge the right proportion)... I still feel nothing beats a nice homecooked meal... and so since the previous Sunday where I've prepared pasta for Timothy... this week, I've made chicken stew combine it with alphabet pasta for Tim...

I've made the soupbase using Pork Ribs, Chicken Bones & Sweet Corn... then I boiled the chopped potato and carrot with chicken in the soup until it's almost all been absorbed by into the vegetables I added a tablespoonful of alphabet pasta... voila! Chicken Stew for Timothy!!!

The natural sweetness of the carrot + the soupstock, made the stew extra sweet and tasty...even I couldn't resist sharing Tim's lunch with him teehehehe...

And our furnitures from Ikea have arrived... hubby busied himself by putting the bookshelf and Tim's desk together while I was busy running around Tim, keeping him entertained... gosh! were we deadbeat that day...

We wanted to give Tim a 'Montessori' prepared environment and therefore decided to get the Ikea's Expedit bookshelf which I am totally in love with... it's good storage space for the many many books I've bought on Parenting, Montessori, Homeschooling + Tim's story books... we've reserved the lower two level of shelves to store Tim's Montessori learn/play materials, where he could reach and play with some purposeful toys... ;)

While the table and chairs were bought for Tim & me to use... when I Homeschool him...now our house is really looking more like a 'prepared' environment *grin*... hubby lamented that the house is becoming more cluttered *oops*

Finally, we've got a sofa bed for the maid who will join us this coming Saturday... we've prepared a corner in the study for her to rest in...but that might be changed to Tim's room...we haven't quite decided... shall play-by-ear then... hopefully, the maid will settle in well with us... (please do pray for us, brother & sister-in-Christ, many thanks in advance!)...

Last Weekend

We've gotten the paperwork done for the maid matters and I've the online course(compulsory) on the 101 about employing a maid completed... all set to receive the maid (or are we?)... I guess we are still not sure what to expect as a first-time employer of a maid... there are loads of household chores to be done and a lot of mental/emotional/physical adjustment to be made prior to receiving a live-in maid into our house... and it's this Saturday that she'll be joining us...hmmm...another major phase in our lives now... *cross fingers tight tight* all would turn well...

And I've also noticed Tim, is getting more and more 'grown-up' physically... and mentally... more surprises for us... he's able to walk better while still needing our holding of his hand... could stand independently on his own for a few seconds... he's as usual observing every move we make and trying to imitate... he loves to show off his new set of teeth whenever he smiles at us... he's getting more and more interested in our food (the adults food) where he'll voice his displeasure if we don't give him a share of what we are eating... and ultimately, he's still our cute darling son...

Speaking of food... as I've mentioned in my previous post that I'm into this food frenzy...well, indeed I was... busying myself in the kitchen over the weekends... giving a shot in a few new things...
First it was an attempt to cook the hokkien fried prawn noodles... it was my mum's recipe... ooh-la-la... hubby, said it tasted better than the Toa Payoh Lor 5 food centre's hokkien fried prawn noodles...that praise simply put me on cloud-9 teehehe.... but actually I also agree lah *shyless mama*... nothing beats homecooked food... well at least you know what you put into the food you eat... ;)


Then I tried a hand on baking cookies... gotten the recipe from a dear friend... and guess what... the first batch that I've baked turn out to be like rock-buns hard... hahaha I added a tad too much flour... I was determined to make the second round work... decided to moderate the amount of flour so to begin with I added half portion (according to the recipe) of the flour and thereby added 1tbsp by 1 tbsp to get a consistency I wanted in the dough... this time, it was a SUCCESS!!! Gave some to my in-laws, my colleagues and my client... all gave me the thumbs-up... said I could take order and start selling cookies...teehehehe.... put me on cloud-9 again... hiaks!~

It's really a lot of satisfaction, especially when the people I prepared the food for enjoyed the food I've made... *sigh of contentment*

3 comments:

Jan said...

looks like you have been really busy...look at how much you accomplished??? you deserve a pat on your back....but do remember to get plenty of rest cos you are pregnant now lor....

take care ya

Mama Bliss said...

Thanks very much Jan, yeah, i've been urged to take more rest by hubby and friends around...somehow I'm just a 'busy-body' can't sit/lie down and do nothing leh... sigh... ya i think this wkend i'll take a break from the kitchen... need to orientate the new maid also... ;)

jean said...

Well done, Pauline!! The food looked so yummy to me esp the fried hokkein mee. One of my fav.. :)

Cook some for me next time, ok? :)