Monday, April 30, 2007

New Phase...

It's been nothing but another eventful weekend... but thank goodness for the long 4-day break...

Saturday
We've finally brought the maid home... it was a little strange having a total stranger at home living under one roof with us... loads of adjustments as I've mentioned before... though we welcome the change...


Mildred, our new Filipina maid... joined us on Saturday, 28th April 2007... for the first day, she's exhibited self-motivated initiative which hubby and I are rather pleased with...she's a fast learner too and she's quite particular about cleanliness... I noticed she could rinse Tim's milk bottle over and over again... and she took liberty to clean out and pack up our extremely messy drawer of plastic bags (you know, those NTUC/Cold Storage bags)... she's even clean out our dvd/vcds cupboard even without our prompting... the past 2.5 days was quite a bliss for both hubby and I... as we don't have to juggle between caregiving to Tim and the endless amount of housework... so thank God and thanks to you brothers/sisters-in-Christ who have kept us in prayers... we just hope and pray that we'd be good employers to our new maid... ;)


On Saturday, we attended Adena & Simon's (our Children Ministry fellow colleagues cum friends) wedding in Church... and it was deja vu for both hubby and I... as we recollected & reminisce about our own wedding 2 years ago... it was in the exact same church, and at the exact same time (albeit the difference in date)... *sigh of contentment* as Adena and Simon exchanged their wedding vows... I just can't help but feel so moved... it just reminded me a lot about hubby and myself...teehehe...


Sunday
Usual Sunday... Church service, Children Ministry duties... while of course the core difference is I don't have to exert myself too much as hubby busied himself with the kids at CM... cos this time I've got a helper to run around with Tim *phew*... given that I'm almost into my last stage of 2nd trimester, my tummy is getting bigger and I'm certainly feeling heavier (I've put on 10kg thus far..oooh scary... I hope I won't go beyond 16kg that's my target now! hehe I had put on 16kg in total when I was expecting Tim then)...

We have had a wonderful lunch with my parents and my brother's parents-in-law... and we witness how much QiQi has grown...oooh... she's such a sweet darling... so dainty... ;)

Then hubby and the maid busied themselves in some spring cleaning of the place... first it was to move her sofa bed into Tim's room, then it was a major 'de-cluttering' exercise... can't imagine the amount of 'treasure' we've accummulated over time (not withstanding the layers of dust)... ;p

Monday

Tim's 16months old soon (another 2 days)... we are hearten that he's started to take his first step of independent walking... noticed it the past week... we are just so extremely delighted when he stood up on his own and took the first 2-3 steps forward with no aid... *grin*


It was time for his MMR jab... didn't know that the polyclinic offer the MMR jab FOC... but the waiting time was no joke... we were late for our appointment and we had to queue up as walk-in patient sigh... nevertheless, we were happy that he is finally gotten down to the last 2 jabs now (Pneumoccocal and the DPT)... recounted the number of jabs he's had... I shudder at the thought... (14 in total within the first 1-2yrs of his life...scary)...haven't counted those that he had during his ICU days... hmmm... I'd better not think about it...then again, we're proud that he's been a brave boy!!!

During the assessment, the nurse, asked us something that got me a little concern... and that's flagging Tim's slowness in speech... hmmm... she asked if Tim is able to say "papa or mama purposefully"... my immediate answer was no... and then when she said "Oh you've got to encourage him to say it..." I thought to myself... that's needless to say... While Tim is fully aware of what we are saying and/or referring to... he's just not articulating the words... except for his babbles... my wish now is that he grows well and at the right day/right time, he'll utter his first sensible word just like a switch being turned on... ;)

Ultimately, I just want Tim to be a healthy, happy and normal child... if he turns out to be a superkid, that's a bonus...I'm happy that he's been such a blessing to us...

No comments: