Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Quiet albeit fruitful Lunar New Year

It's yet another quiet Lunar New Year for us this year... other than the reunion dinner, we are very much on our own...

Last year, I was on confinement thus no New Year visits for us... this year, we are in a period of mourning, yet another year with no New Year visits for us...

But I said it's fruitful, in which we spent quality time together as a small family (just hubby, Tim and me)... while it's tiring having to run around Tim, but it's well worth it because we've bonded well with Tim once again...that 5 full days of caregiving was great... ;) Tim has grown closer to hubby and me... can't buy that with any amount of $$$...and hence I'm grateful and happy...

I had the opportunity to keep myself busy in the kitchen whipping up loads of good meals for hubby and myself... wow... I haven't touched my culinary skills for more than a year... but am still quite proud of myself for being able to prepare some decent meals that hubby likes.

We've got guests on the second day of new year... Noel and Jenny, our very distinguished guests came to our place where I prepared a meal for them... here's just one of the items I've prepared for them...
The other item which I'm very proud of was the East Meets West Ravioli pasta... (it's basically wantan in tomato pasta sauce) they loved it...and so did hubby...ooh... a lot of the items that I prepared that day were my first attempt... ;) *beaming away*

Will share the recipes of the muffins and East Meets West Ravioli pasta on a separate blog entry later...

2 comments:

Wokking Mum said...

Wow! Wow! Looks yummy!!

Mama Bliss said...

*blush*... paiseh... looks yummy only... teehehe